• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ahsoka - SPOILERS

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The jedi are famous in term if people knowing they exist. Look at various conspiracy tgeiries that have taken off last decade or so. That's without direct government intervention.

We the viewers at hone see the jedi close up. Jedi and Sith both obfuscate a bit even their basic knowledge devices can't really be accessed without the force.

The Jedi fought in the clone wars turns out they were traitors the Seperatists were lead by them. Once Dooku got killed the Jedi turned on good
chancellor Palapatine who caught the jedi assassination attempt (edited) on holofilm!!

They always been secretive and have rumored mystical ability beyond the even of us. Don't trust em can't control them.
There's your scape goat and your others right there.
Again, says who? Again, who says the Jedi are secretive? Again, who says people haven’t heard their names? You. You can repeat it over and over and over again if you like until I get bored and just stop replying, but that won’t make it true.

Zardnaar

Legend
Again, says who? Again, who says the Jedi are secretive? Again, who says people haven’t heard their names? You. You can repeat it over and over and over again if you like until I get bored and just stop replying, but that won’t make it true.

Erm the Masters hide knowledge from other Jedi, they have a temple with guards no public access, they use mind tricks/suggestions, they hide holocrons non force users cant access and the truth "from a certain point of view". That's all in the Disney canon. And they tried to assassination Palpatine (he used selective footage of the attack)

Doesn't matter to much if what Palapatine says is BS that's the point of a smear campaign.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Erm the Masters hide knowledge from other Jedi, they have a temple with guards no public access, they use mind tricks/suggestions, they hide holocrons non force users cant access and the truth "from a certain point of view". That's all in the Disney canon. And they tried to assassination Palpatine (he used selective footage of the attack)

Doesn't matter to much if what Palapatine says is BS that's the point of a smear campaign.
You provide no evidence, nor a plausible argument; just your own head canon and stuff you're making up which you repeatedly insist is fact.

Is it so hard to admit that a narrative counter to your own is equally valid? And is perfectly reasonable? And that we're all just making stuff up that isn't said or shown screen?

Kaodi

Hero
I am definitely in the camp that even if there are people that have never heard of the Jedi everyone knows someone who has. Like, I have heard of the White Helmets in Syria. I could not tell you a heckuva lot about them. But I have heard of them. They only exist in one country, there might not be that many of them, and they are the subject of conspiracy theories and propaganda. But I have definitely heard of them. I have also heard of Japanese kamikaze pilots, the Loch Ness Monster, and numerous other things of varying degrees of reality that I have never myself encountered. I am pretty sure nobody has a bloody clue who "the Sith" are though despite being ruled by them for two decades.

Zardnaar

Legend
You provide no evidence, nor a plausible argument; just your own head canon and stuff you're making up which you repeatedly insist is fact.

Is it so hard to admit that a narrative counter to your own is equally valid? And is perfectly reasonable? And that we're all just making stuff up that isn't said or shown screen?

I quoted stuff that was on screen. Also see Clone Wars cartoon, Darth Vader Comics and Dr Aphra comics all canon.

They show you on screen Jedi being shifty. Mind tricks, cheating at dice, being creative with the truth and falling to the dark side framing others eg Ahsoka or deliberately getttting clones killed.

No head canon required it's right there in Disney canon.

Feel free to look it up. You won't you'll just declear yourself right. You have Disney+ apparently watch it yourself.

Which would have a major impact after most people who were around are dead, but in Star Wars they are still alive to know what was true.
Being alive is no aid to knowing what is and is not true. People believe whatever they want to believe.
Had I been alive then(like the vast majority of the people in Star Wars 27 years later), I could have told you a hell of a lot more.
So tell me about the Battle of Mount Harriet, The Toxteth Riots, and what ULEZ is.

MarkB

Legend
Is anyone else getting a bit of an Outbound Flight vibe from that big hyperdrive ring? I could easily see them strapping a bunch of cruisers to it with the idea of using it as a base of operations from which to launch their investigation of a new galaxy.

1693226675894.png

Stalker0

Legend
Really? Name three taliban leaders from 2002. You were at war with them at the time. You should easily be able to name them.

Thing is, the Jedi were not major figures. Leia was the face of the rebellion, not Luke. And how many people actually knew Luke was a Jedi? It’s not it was advertised.

Sure people knew Jedi existed. Of course they did. But know the names and faces? Unlikely.
This is likely the key. We the audience have been “brain washed” by the Jedi into thinking they are a much bigger deal than they are, because all of main stories we see are about them.

These “galactic peacekeepers” were just a really small group of people that poked their heads in to a few crises once in a while very discreetly.

But in reality 99.99% of the r galaxy’s business Happens without Jedi

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Being alive is no aid to knowing what is and is not true. People believe whatever they want to believe.
Humans do. Alien species? Good chance that a lot of them don't think in the same way and aren't so gullible.
So tell me about the Battle of Mount Harriet, The Toxteth Riots, and what ULEZ is.
I don't need to know a specific battle. I've heard about the Falklands and remember when it happened. ULEZ isn't something that would warrant a Jedi and of course I'm not going to be familiar with something governments do across the galaxy. I'd be familiar with some, say Brexit among others, but not nearly all of them. Which is another point. I don't need to know about every Jedi(riot, war, hostage situation, etc.) intervention. The many I DO know of are sufficient.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads