• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ahsoka - SPOILERS

Is anyone else getting a bit of an Outbound Flight vibe from that big hyperdrive ring? I could easily see them strapping a bunch of cruisers to it with the idea of using it as a base of operations from which to launch their investigation of a new galaxy.

View attachment 293604
The design reminded me more of one of the Hyperspace Ring things that the Jedi Starfighters sometimes used in the prequels, but for starships, not starfighters. But the thematic association to Outhbound flight is definitely there.

Zardnaar

Legend
Two days to go. Done thoughts.

The big ring is a hyperspace ring vs a Stargate.

Thrawns has around 11 years to establish an Empire of the Hand. They seem to be drawing heavily on Legends and First Order has the flee to unknown regions locked down.

IDK how long they're going to spend in the other galaxy. Could be one episode or rest of the season.

We know this is gonna wrap up with a movie and it's unlikely Ahsoka survives as we hear her voice in RoS. That can be explained away though.

I suspect they won't spend to much time in the other galaxy though. Thrawn doesn't have the support he had in Legends.

Star Wars hyperdrives are very quick a fast one would still take a month or so to get to a nearby galaxy. If they even work intergalactic. Super ring won't be normal.

MarkB

Legend
Star Wars hyperdrives are very quick a fast one would still take a month or so to get to a nearby galaxy. If they even work intergalactic. Super ring won't be normal.
Even riding around within another galaxy will be difficult. Star Wars travel relies a lot upon carefully mapped routes, which is why the wildspace regions beyond the Outer Rim stay largely unexplored. Blind jumping unmapped routes is very hit-and-miss, as in you might either hit or miss a star before you emerge.

Zardnaar

Legend
Even riding around within another galaxy will be difficult. Star Wars travel relies a lot upon carefully mapped routes, which is why the wildspace regions beyond the Outer Rim stay largely unexplored. Blind jumping unmapped routes is very hit-and-miss, as in you might either hit or miss a star before you emerge.

Yeah that's generally my assumption as well. Disney seems to do their own thing though.

Thrawn having his own new empire seems a bit silly his own planet would be fine or other small realm.

The 1 day across the galaxy is fast ship using the best hyperlanes.

And Baylan your C"Boath stand in.

Marrok as clone Luke!!!!
C'Boath seemed a bit more ... unhinged in my memory. Unless you mean the original one, not the clone. But it is a good point - maybe when Baylan is talking about power, he is indeed talking about the kind of power clone C'Boath was speaking of.

MarkB

Legend
Yeah that's generally my assumption as well. Disney seems to do their own thing though.
They've touched on it, in the Rebels episode where they find the Lesatt homeworld. They run into a serious obstacle on the way, but once they've been there once it becomes mapped (for them, at least) and will be a straight shot through hyperspace thereafter.
Thrawn having his own new empire seems a bit silly his own planet would be fine or other small realm.
I'm more expecting an existing civilisation, the same ancient one already referenced, with Thrawn having wormed his way into a senior position. Possibly a civilisation that wouldn't mind taking a shot at expanding into the SW galaxy if given the opportunity. Hopefully not the Yuuzhan Vong.
The 1 day across the galaxy is fast ship using the best hyperlanes.
Or more like an hour or so in The Last Jedi.

Kaodi

Hero
There is no way Marrok is Ezra. Far more likely that he is Cal. But the most likely scenario I think is that he is just a former inquisitor. The question for him perhaps is whether he is primarily an associate of Morgan Elsbeth or of Baylan Skoll. If he is an associate of Skoll I think he has a better chance of having an interesting story of his own.

pukunui

Legend
I think Marrok is working with Morgan. He was with her when they all visited the Nightsister temple where Ahsoka found the map.

Zardnaar

Legend
C'Boath seemed a bit more ... unhinged in my memory. Unless you mean the original one, not the clone. But it is a good point - maybe when Baylan is talking about power, he is indeed talking about the kind of power clone C'Boath was speaking of.

I meant more like here's your dark jedi serving Thrawn. Broadly speaking they're mining the old EU.

Imperial state unknown regions check.

Dark Jedi involved with Thrawns Rmpire check.

Vong replacement Grysk

Possible precursor type ancient civilization Kwa/Rakatan etc

Emperor returns to life via clones

E-Wings

Etc.

An inspired by vong could work. Eg extra galactic threat, bio tech ditch the rest.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads