AI is stealing writers’ words and jobs…

Yes at this point its well beyond corporations, Government needed to well...govern, and thats not really what they do anymore.
Indeed, to make a loose comparison it's been awhile since I heard anything about some one being prosecuted for illegal downloading of anything. At this point it's factored into business to some degree if not just ignored.

Scribe

Legend
Indeed, to make a loose comparison it's been awhile since I heard anything about some one being prosecuted for illegal downloading of anything. At this point it's factored into business to some degree if not just ignored.
Pirated Stream of UFC was last I heard within the last few years. Now we all just endure poor anti piracy software in our games even if we buy it.

Pirated Stream of UFC was last I heard within the last few years.
Was that the one where the guy held the controller to make it look like he was playing? :LOL:

At the end of the day, artist are still offering commissions, I haven't seen any evidence that they have stopped at least. People will still buy those commissions maybe not as many as before and companies will just hire folks who know how to work the various tools ( in-painting, prompts etc) so those skills grow in demand.

Ryujin

Legend
There are companies whose sole reason for existence is to produce "adult entertainment", upload it via torrent themselves, then sue anyone who downloads the content. Some have made millions at this scam.

Ryujin

Legend
Was that the one where the guy held the controller to make it look like he was playing? :LOL:

At the end of the day, artist are still offering commissions, I haven't seen any evidence that they have stopped at least. People will still buy those commissions maybe not as many as before and companies will just hire folks who know how to work the various tools ( in-painting, prompts etc) so those skills grow in demand.
I know an artist who has already lost commissions to AI. The people who went to AI instead outright told him.

Ryujin

Legend
This i was not aware of
Leonard French is a copyright attorney, in Pennsylvania. I became aware of him during a crowdfunding campaign to help a game and film company that was dealing with a contract dispute, from an unhinged contractor. In this video he discusses one of these "copyright troll" companies.

Leonard French is a copyright attorney, in Pennsylvania. I became aware of him during a crowdfunding campaign to help a game and film company that was dealing with a contract dispute, from an unhinged contractor. In this video he discusses one of these "copyright troll" companies.

I've heard of patent troll but not copy right ones. You learn new stuff hourly not just daily.

meanwhile Singapore is hoping for investors

That's certainly a smart move: while I have no hard figures, I am guessing the number of machine learning graduate they can get out of their universities, as Singapore consistently rates very high in school comparisons, added to the interest of attracting high wage employees in this field, is outweighing the number of independant artists in Singapore. That's another factor to take in consideration in determining the best social choice: the prevalence of each category of impacted people. Smart government move if they computed their numbers with general interest in mind, and not just a specific lobby being listened over others.

Remove ads