D&D General AI ranks D&D editions

GreyLord

Legend
I completely agree. For example, 5e is criticized for lacking player option, but 2e is praised for having many. I don't think it's edition waring to note that this is simply wrong.

However, anyone with a shallow understanding of the topic would be convinced, and that is concerning...

Depends on what point and how many supplements of 2e you are talking about.

If you just include the DMG you could create your own class with just about every ability in the book if you wanted to.

That's a pretty big amount of options.

The DMG also let you play any monster or creature as a race if you really wanted to.

Ignoring those though, you then had Spells and Powers which basically changed the entire game.

You of course also had kits out the wazoo for anyone who was wanting to play those.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I believe it is also possible to build a turing complete machine inside dwarf fortress
I would honestly be surprised if it wasn’t, that game is robust! The neat thing about it being possible in Magic though is that it’s a fully analog tabletop game. And the specific combination of cards you need to turn the game into a computer is entirely legacy-legal (though obviously taking the Turing Machine deck to a tournament would be a terrible idea).

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I would honestly be surprised if it wasn’t, that game is robust! The neat thing about it being possible in Magic though is that it’s a fully analog tabletop game. And the specific combination of cards you need to turn the game into a computer is entirely legacy-legal (though obviously taking the Turing Machine deck to a tournament would be a terrible idea).
My understanding is that within DF it was done using a series of mine carts, levers and pressure plates

Remove ads