Airwalkrr's Greyhawk: Maure Castle IC

Vertexx69

First Post
Roshan, AC 30, HP 94/94, DR 2/-, Saves: F13/R8/W6

"Careful on the approach there Mapata. It may have tentacles if it lives in such a lighted spot." Roshan pauses in her search of the room and positions herself 30ft behind the roguely barbarian and readies an action to charge with his large, glowing lance if anything does pop out of the water to attack.

[sblock=Active Abilities:]Aura of Courage
Empathic Link
Tremorsense 60ft
Improved Evasion[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Why don't you said it louder, I think my dead father was unable to hear you." mutters the half orc when his partner reveals his intentions.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Wait, is Roshan a he or a she? The sexual ambiguity of your last post is confusing me, Vertexx69.[/sblock]
Mapata sneaks close to the pool and gazes carefully into the water. The lighting is poor, but his darkvision helps to compensate. Nevertheless, the murkiness of the pool prevents him from seeing any further. It seems whatever is in the water is content to stay there, at least for now. You might have to plunge in if you want to learn any more.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Mapata stands at his full "Seems that this creature wishes not to be disturb. Let us leave it be for now." he gesture with the hand for the others to prosigue.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Having decided to leave the chalice and the water be, you now have several choices. You could investigate the six doors to the north or the six doors to the south. You could also follow the very wide passage heading southeast after the sixth south door. There is a hallway heading west from the first door to the south. Of course you could always double back. At the first intersection you came to there was a south passage and a west passage.

[sblock=OOC]I'm going to nominate either Kal-fen or Mapata as party leader as Rathan and Voda Vosa have been the most frequent posters recently. They can fight over it in the OOC thread if they want or one could gracefully step aside.[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Justine

Justine is glad, that the collective wisdom has steered them away from examining the pool further. She simply cannot see how this could be of any help to them.

“How about we take a look into the corridor further down first, before turning our attention towards the doors?”

OOC: I'm fine with either of you taking the lead and agree that it can help speed things up a bit. I would prefer Mapata to take that role, simply because he is the rogue and as such most likely the first in marching order, anyways, due to his trapfinding skills.

Rathan

First Post
Kal-fen

"I would have to agree with Justine on this one my friends... Lets explore all avenues of options to before the doors. It seems to me most people use doors to keep things hidden away or separated from the rest. Let us explore this passage to the south east first." Kal says plainly and waits for Mapata to take point with his keen eyes...

[sblock=OOC to all] I don't mind taking a back seat to Mapata as he is in fact our rogue.. If he doesn't want the responsibility then I'll take it...[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"A wise decision." States the stoic half orc as he stands ready to follow. He'll try to find traps whenever they reach a suspicious place, or a common place to put traps, like doorways, corridors, etc.

OOC: I'll step aside and leave the charismatic warlock be the leader. Mapata might have been a leader on his past, but he walked away from that life for a reason. Besides I have not full access to Internet and my posting frequency is rather erratic.

Rathan

First Post
OOC: Party Leader or not Mapata... we're still having you first in the marching order... not having your rogue go first in a place full of powerful magical traps is a death sentence.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Your group makes its way to the wide passage to the east of the doors. Once you get there, you finally discover the east wall. Much like the west wall, it is pock-marked with numerous cubbies, places were perhaps great treasures once rested. But also like the west wall, these cubbies are empty save for cobwebs, dust, and the occasional broken clay sculpture. The passage is very wide (a bit more than 12 meters) but not very long. About six meters down the west side of the passage, it ends with a door that probably enters the same room that the last door in the long line of six doors south of the chalice leads to. After that, the passage way opens up again. Spaced about 9 meters apart are a columns. The columns are rather non-descript, made of good-quality wood and about one and half meters square and six meters high. Suspended from the columns on the south side is a layer of black satin curtains. It is impossible to tell what is beyond the curtains. They are too thick for the light from your magic weapons to penetrate, they overlap laterally with each other and they all hang flush with the floor.

To the west, beyond the extent of your light, the wall on the west drops away after the door. To the edge of your vision, a wall continues to run parallel to the curtains, possibly forming the south edge of the rooms entered from the numerous doors on the other side.

Remove ads