Airwalkrr's Greyhawk: Maure Castle IC

Vertexx69

First Post
Roshan, AC 30, HP 94/94, DR 2/-, Saves: F13/R8/W6

"Lets see what might be lurking about shall we?" Roshan takes a wider track, as the rogue moves toward the pool to check for traps. The paladin makes a wide circle at about 20 meters from the edge of the pool, lance held heavenward, to see if the light from his formidable weapons can illuminate anything of else of interest in the large chamber. He closes his eyes from time to time, and uses his empathic link through Ulan to sense any vibration through the ground of hiding or invisible foes. He takes particular notice of the composition of the floor as the undulating ashworm slides over it's dusty surface.

[sblock=Active Abilities:]Aura of Courage
Empathic Link
Tremorsense 60ft
Improved Evasion[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Vertexx69]Ulan seems a bit unsettled by the moving water. You think perhaps it is fed by an underground spring, but somehow the movement of the water is unnatural. At that point you realize perhaps Ulan is unsettled not because of the moving water, but because of movement IN the water. Of course, Ulan is not particularly fond of water or the creatures within it in the first place, so it is unlikely there is any danger.[/sblock]
To the south, about 15 meters from the edge of the pool, is a line of doorways set into finely crafted walls. There are six doorways in all, spaced about 9 meters apart each. There is a gap in the middle which is only 3 meters wide, enough for two to walk abreast comfortably. The south wall meets up with the western passage from which you came, although there is a second hallway that proceeds west along the southern wall beyond your vision. At the eastern edge of the southern wall, about 5 meters from the sixth door, the wall gives way to a wide opening. The eastern wall is still beyond Roshan's view, even making a 20 meter ride out. Along the northern side of the pool, he finds more doors. Six again, spaced about the same as those along the south wall. The west wall seems to align parallel to the passage you had to pass through to arrive at the large double doors that granted egress into the dungeon. There are various cubbies and shelves built into the west wall, and you imagine at some point they held countless and various artifacts of different natures, but they are all bare at present, save for a few cobwebs here and there, and of course, a fine layer of dust.

Vertexx69

First Post
Roshan, AC 30, HP 94/94, DR 2/-, Saves: F13/R8/W6

The dragoon comes sliding back toward the party. "Ulan tells me there is something living in the water of that pool. But as long as you stay out of reach of anything in the water you should be fine." He casts an eye to the flying warlock. "How much can you carry while flying? What drank from a meter tall chalice? Giants or demons or is it a trophy cup of some kind?"

Rathan

First Post
Kal-fen

"I can carry no more than I can when walking which is not my bag of tea to begin with. Might I also add that regardless of the challis' worth it's here after Mordenkinen and Bigby more than likely for a reason. Perhaps we should leave it until this time to leave this place for now as it *is* relatively close to the exit as we go." Kal said softly trying to reason.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Something alive in the water? Perhaps we shall see to it don't you think? We can't afford to find that it would represent a problem on our possible hasty retreat. I say we face that something now"

Thanee

First Post
Justine

“Well, at least we can't complain about a lack of options where we could head next...” Justine mentions, once she becomes aware of the numerous doorways.

Rathan

First Post
Kal-fen

"I would have to agree with you Mapata however I am not going to go into the water first mind you. Unless one of you has a way to coax out what is in there then we best come up with another plan or leave it be. However I'd rather not have to deal with whatever is in there on the way out if an escape is necessary." Kal said softly and matter-of-factly.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Almost as if on cue, you suddenly spy a ripple emanating from the middle of the pool. There is definitely something in the water. Moments later, the color of the chalice shifts from cobalt blue back to radiant amber.

Remove ads