Airwalkrr's Greyhawk: Maure Castle IC

Vertexx69

First Post
Roshan, AC 30, HP 94/94, DR 2/-, Saves: F13/R8/W6

"Go toward the light? This sounds like a prudent choice to my ears." The dragoon slides forward a bit on the belly of Ulan to give the others a little more room. His lance in hand and shield floating at the ready, Roshan is ready to charge into the fray.

[sblock=Active Abilities:]Aura of Courage
Empathic Link
Tremorsense 60ft
Improved Evasion[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Moving things right along. I'm going to assume you guys head east towards the light. By the way, if I miss a conversion from imperial units to metric, forgive me. Sometimes I may be transcribing boxed text and miss it. I almost did it with this post (thank you, preview feature).[/sblock]
About 20 meters to your left (east) is the amber pool. The water of this round pool is amber in color, a bit murky, and moves just slightly, as if a small but constant tidal influx were at work upon it. Its bottom cannot be seen because of a haze caused by an admixture of the coloration, the murkiness, and the light shed by a chalice which is set upon a raised six-meter-round area at the center of the pool.

On the raised stone surface at the center of the pool sits a one-meter-tall twenty-three-centimeter-round chalice that glows with an unusual colored ambiance. As you examine it, the beautiful vessel shifts from a radiant amber to a sparkling gold. The weak illumination plays tricks on the surface of the pool below, making it look aflame with golden reflection.

Rathan

First Post
Kal-fen

Kal takes his time moving slowly towards the amber pool and the platform with the challis upon it... hoping not to set off any traps he hovers just off the floor in a slow forward movement as he travels over the 'waters' carefully to get a better look at the challis in the middle. Kal wracks his brain trying to come up with an answer to what this elaborate set up might be for... perhaps it's magical in nature.... and he ponders on this fact for some time as he examines...

[sblock=Skill Rolls]Knowledge (Arcana) (1d20+16=31), Knowledge (Spellcraft) (1d20+15=32)[/sblock]
[sblock=Abilities Activated Currently]
Seen the Unseen [Least] (Grants see invis. and darkvision for 24 hours)
Fell Flight [Lesser] (Grants flight w/ good manuv. for 24 hours)
Voidsense [Lesser] (Grants blindsense 30ft. for 24 hours)[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The chalice only sheds light in a 6-m radius, which just barely grants shadowy illumination to the edge of the pool. It is certainly magical in nature, Kal-fen guesses a form of transmutation, but he has few other clues as to its exact properties. As he examines it, the color of the chalice shifts again to radiant amber.

Rathan

First Post
Kal-fen

"hmmmm if I were to venture an educated guess I'd say transmutation magic.... however without touching it or examining it further in depth I cannot be sure... Mapata... would you please check the area for traps and the like before I touch the challis please my friend?" Kal asks more than politely...

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Getting close enough to the chalice will require getting over about a 5 meter length of water to get to the raised portion in the center. One could simply wade, if one wished...

Thanee

First Post
Justine

“I fail to see how this could be of any help to our quest. It looks nice, but we should probably just leave it there...” Justine says.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
As you look around, you also notice that you are out in the big wide open. The chamber you are within must be massive, for you cannot see any walls in the darkness beyond in any direction. There are some large, dark, motionless forms to the south at the furthest extent of your vision, maybe pillars or possibly statues, but it is impossible to be certain from here. The light from the chalice is so faint that your enchanted weapons provide better illumination. You can at least see the ceiling some five or six meters above you, which is a comfort to those with an inclination towards agoraphobia.

You notice the chalice once again changes color. This time from radiant amber to cobalt blue.

Remove ads