Airwalkrr's Greyhawk: Maure Castle IC

Rathan

First Post
Kal-fen

"Can you check the floor and the door for traps please my keen-eyed friend? I'm pretty sure the key of portals will open the door but I want to make sure I'm not sucked into some horrible trap before I do so and then will be of no use to you all" the warlock uttered calmly getting ready to retrieve the key when need be...

[sblock=Casting Detect Magic Again]Going to cast my at-will detect magic again focusing on the door and the surrounding area this time[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Clearly the magic of this place is great, for once again Kal-fen detects the presence of overwhelming magic upon the doors. He has rarely come across a place so filled with powerful auras and the thought makes him salivate at the types of magic that must be held within the unplumbed depths of the dungeons beneath the castle.

Mapata spends several minutes carefully looking over the doors, the floor, and even the ceiling above to ensure there are no snares, pits, or trip wires. After this he is resolute that there are no traps warding the doors themselves. They can be opened safely.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"The doors are safe from traps." the half orc states matter of factly. He is a man of few words, but even fewer it seems now. Perhaps it's the overwelming magic opperating in this place. Mapata frowns constantly, and seems uneasy.

Vertexx69

First Post
Roshan, AC 30, HP 94/94, DR 2/-, Saves: F13/R8/W6

The paladin waits quietly in his saddle for the observant types to check the hall for traps. Ulan chuffs and clacks her jaws softly while the walking snacks wood in the sides of the cave she now rests in.

Thanee

First Post
Justine

Justine is standing nearby, ready to jump in, when she would be needed. Unfortunately, her knowledge of traps and similar mechanisms isn't good enough to be of much help with the search, but her healing magic might come in handy nonetheless, eventually. Of course, she would prefer it otherwise, but she is no fool to believe so.

Rathan

First Post
Kal-fen

Kal once again reaches into the small pouch on the side of his pack stating the word "Key" once more as the silver key of portals once again appears in his hand.... he moved in what seemed to him like super slow motion towards the door and his attitude was that of annoyance as he just wanted to get inside and see what wonders were to behold him there... it seemed like forever but soon enough the key was placed against the door... or in a keyhole if there was one and waited patiently for the doors to open.. hopefully they would....

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Kal-fen touches the key to the immense doors. For a moment, nothing happens. Then a sound, something between a chime and drumbeat, is heard throughout the room. Kal-fen steps back as he hears a loud rumble and then the doors begin to shake. Small bits of dust fall from the doors as they slowly begin to swing inward to allow ingress. For the next six or seven seconds the doors continue to open until they are finally flush with the walls inside allowing a passageway inside that is about 3 meters wide, enough for at least two to walk abreast.

Your group steps gingerly through the doorway into an entry foyer of some type. To your left (east) is a wide corridor that spills into a much larger room. In the distance you can see a strange flickering light of radiant amber. It's source is beyond your gaze however. To your right (west) is a 3 meter-wide corridor that leads into darkness. Ahead of you (south), 6 meters away, the foyer ends, but a 3-meter wide corridor continues southward for about 6 meters until ending at a single iron-bound oak door.

As soon as your entire group has stepped into the foyer, the doors begin to close behind you. Within six or seven seconds, they are once again shut.

Thanee

First Post
Justine

“I find the light the most inviting,” Justine mentions, “but that could be misleading, of course.”

Rathan

First Post
Kal-fen

"I would have to agree... if it's going to be the worst of the passages hardships let us get it out of the way first." Kal said as he slowly checked his footing and made to turn to the left (east) and waited for Mapata to lead the way with his keen eyes....

[sblock=Abilities Activated Currently]
Seen the Unseen [Least] (Grants see invis. and darkvision for 24 hours)
Fell Flight [Lesser] (Grants flight w/ good manuv. for 24 hours)
Voidsense [Lesser] (Grants blindsense 30ft. for 24 hours)[/sblock]

Remove ads