Akalich Meets Forgotten Realms

Welkins Or Akaliches?

• Welkin

• Akalich

Results are only viewable after voting.
Howdy Kehzathria! :)

MEMBERS OF MY PARTY (Total)

-Drazen The Paragon Human Akalich (604 Wizard/306 Necromancer/5 Archmage/30 Chronomancer)
-Druza The Paragon Human Welkin (756 Fighter/30 Legendary Dreadnought/30 Monk/95 Ninja)
-Zarfenowrath The Hecatoncheires (804 Fighter/140 Legendary Dreadnought)
-Z The First Gloom (Paragon) (707 Assassin/201 Perfect Wight/31 Shadowdancer)
-Myla Evernight a Elder Elf (904 Blackguard/30 Arcane Archer/10 Bard) with her Polychromatic Dragon Great Wyrm mount Jevalymion
-"Face" a Greater Doppelganger (839 Spy/100 Epic Infiltrator)
-Krystal Clear a Succbus (507 Bard/30 Assassin/400 Mentalist)

Our party was greatly feared among the universe. We have fought Macrobe Humans, slayed dieites, and crusaded among the heavens destroying those who defied us in ancient times. We are restarting our campaign to enter the "Modern" of Toril.
(We have face threats in the past that could obliterate us, but right now we have not come across such threats when we focused on Toril and the other worlds in that campaign setting)

Cool Party Make-up. I do think you guys may have 'priced' your way out of sub-Universal threats though, which does rather limit the range of meaningful challenges. But I'll see what I can do in the next book. ;)

Drazen

Demon Prince
What happens if one or more of your allies/party members turned against you?

THAT would be problematic. I know my brother will not betray me. He is the Caramon to my Raistlin. Zarfenowrath is with me completely (His hatred for the Gods is like mine but more so), Z is more traitorous and I keep a careful eye on him (He could ruin my plans, for his loyalty sometimes wavers depending who has the advantage but not too much usually, he knows I'll probably try to turn him into a pumpkin if he tries ;) ). Myla and her dragon is a oddity as with Face, THESE people are ones I mostly worry about for their goals are a little different from the rest of the party and even more likely to go rogue for how independent they are (I find it rather pointless how they LUST after civilization).
Myla believes might makes right and even though I lead the party (My Intelligence is 497 thanks to some power potions to grant me Legendary Intellect and mines the highest in the party) She constantly challenges me whether outright or subtlety in ways you have to know what your looking for to spot. I usually win with the party because of my undeniable logic (She and her dragon thinks I'm to slow and cautious). Face likes to be a solo act and disappears every now and then into cities (And following him is near impossible but with my connections I try. Scrying will not work on him). He likes to REPLACE people in a sadistic desire to live out lives he never had. Face can be a real psychopath at times.
And last but (Somewhat) least is Krystal. Her part is the seductress and can lead any mortal and many Immortals astray. She does not socialize with the party much and hates Zarfenowrath but is indifferent around me and obsessed with my Welkin brother (Who does not care for her to much)
If one or more band together i have safeguards in place to help counter the threat (Like specially designed spells involving the specific members in my party to prevent them from subduing, capturing, or killing me) and quick "lock-downs" in my undead empire if they do attack to insure safety with my armies. Immediate escape routes and teleportation in case one or more outright attack me with intent to kill or subdue, and a RIDICULOUS amount of contingent spells. I'm paranoid, and like a man named Harold said "Only the paranoid survive."
So Krust, wanna fight my Akalich?? I DARE you too! (Joking)
I hope you have some good challenges in your hand, I've faced some near life or death experiences with Drazen. I hope to get some more conqests in my deck (The ones up their are a simple sample of things i faced. I also won at hundreds of riddles with dragons (At my level 10-22's), fought planet-eating beings, reasoned with sun parasites, helped illithids conquer an entire solar system to build a empire, and too many other things that made my head hurt to think about. I have to say the adventures in the Immortal Handbook made even me tremble.

I say you did a pretty good job. When your books came out we were happy to continue levels with new material. You really expanded the horizons for our game-plays. I salute you! :)

Howdy Kehzathria amigo! :)

THAT would be problematic. I know my brother will not betray me. He is the Caramon to my Raistlin. Zarfenowrath is with me completely (His hatred for the Gods is like mine but more so), Z is more traitorous and I keep a careful eye on him (He could ruin my plans, for his loyalty sometimes wavers depending who has the advantage but not too much usually, he knows I'll probably try to turn him into a pumpkin if he tries ;) ). Myla and her dragon is a oddity as with Face, THESE people are ones I mostly worry about for their goals are a little different from the rest of the party and even more likely to go rogue for how independent they are (I find it rather pointless how they LUST after civilization).
Myla believes might makes right and even though I lead the party (My Intelligence is 497 thanks to some power potions to grant me Legendary Intellect and mines the highest in the party) She constantly challenges me whether outright or subtlety in ways you have to know what your looking for to spot. I usually win with the party because of my undeniable logic (She and her dragon thinks I'm to slow and cautious). Face likes to be a solo act and disappears every now and then into cities (And following him is near impossible but with my connections I try. Scrying will not work on him). He likes to REPLACE people in a sadistic desire to live out lives he never had. Face can be a real psychopath at times.
And last but (Somewhat) least is Krystal. Her part is the seductress and can lead any mortal and many Immortals astray. She does not socialize with the party much and hates Zarfenowrath but is indifferent around me and obsessed with my Welkin brother (Who does not care for her to much)
If one or more band together i have safeguards in place to help counter the threat (Like specially designed spells involving the specific members in my party to prevent them from subduing, capturing, or killing me) and quick "lock-downs" in my undead empire if they do attack to insure safety with my armies. Immediate escape routes and teleportation in case one or more outright attack me with intent to kill or subdue, and a RIDICULOUS amount of contingent spells. I'm paranoid, and like a man named Harold said "Only the paranoid survive."

Your party would make for a cool anime series.

So Krust, wanna fight my Akalich?? I DARE you too! (Joking)

Wouldn't dare. :giggle:

...but I might know a few monsters who would.

I hope you have some good challenges in your hand, I've faced some near life or death experiences with Drazen. I hope to get some more conqests in my deck (The ones up their are a simple sample of things i faced. I also won at hundreds of riddles with dragons (At my level 10-22's), fought planet-eating beings, reasoned with sun parasites, helped illithids conquer an entire solar system to build a empire, and too many other things that made my head hurt to think about. I have to say the adventures in the Immortal Handbook made even me tremble.

Sounds like you have had some great adventures of your own. Glad my book helped a tad.

I say you did a pretty good job. When your books came out we were happy to continue levels with new material. You really expanded the horizons for our game-plays. I salute you! :)

I have quite a few ideas for the kinds of super-powered opposition you are looking for. However, in these new Epic Bestiary Addendum books the majority of entries will be in the CR 20-200 range with perhaps 1-2 exceptions. Epic gaming is already a niche and the cosmic stuff is a niche within that niche.

If I ever get a handful of these books under my belt (and that's a big IF given my track record) I'll maybe do one that concentrates on the crazy stuff because I have maybe 15-20 entries for in and around CR 1000+ and it might make for a fun an interesting book even if there are probably less than a dozen adventuring parties in the world out there who would legitimately use that sort of material in play.

Drazen

Demon Prince
I'll inform on my plans and goals. As well as my conquests or failures. Or even death
Even now i hope to go on a quest to search for the Book of Sleep and utter The Words Once Spoken. But I cannot draw to much attention to myself. So I think I'll use the Harpers to get it to do it for me (Unware of course) I'll have to form some brilliant scheme to get them involved..... Any ideas? I was thinking of using the Zhentriam and taking control over the organization. Manshoon poses a laughable obstacle but the evil gods like Cyric usually dominates over the group and take notice when a new cat takes control, and sense I do not want publicity It'll prove tricky.
Oh, and making a new organization is out of the question. For my idea to work i need the Harpers mortal enemies (They need to be well-known)

Oh, if your wondering why I do not just walk in and take the Book. It's because even for my level it's guarded from beings like me (The sidereals have it under guard as well as, rumor has it, a Neutronium Golem. The harpers would be least suspected and probably too weak to even care about. But my character REALLY hates Harpers with a passion and wishes to use them in his plots and designs.

Last edited:

Hey Kehzathria amigo! :)

I'll inform on my plans and goals. As well as my conquests or failures. Or even death
Even now i hope to go on a quest to search for the Book of Sleep and utter The Words Once Spoken. But I cannot draw to much attention to myself. So I think I'll use the Harpers to get it to do it for me (Unware of course) I'll have to form some brilliant scheme to get them involved..... Any ideas? I was thinking of using the Zhentriam and taking control over the organization. Manshoon poses a laughable obstacle but the evil gods like Cyric usually dominates over the group and take notice when a new cat takes control, and sense I do not want publicity It'll prove tricky.
Oh, and making a new organization is out of the question. For my idea to work i need the Harpers mortal enemies (They need to be well-known)

Oh, if your wondering why I do not just walk in and take the Book. It's because even for my level it's guarded from beings like me (The sidereals have it under guard as well as, rumor has it, a Neutronium Golem. The harpers would be least suspected and probably too weak to even care about. But my character REALLY hates Harpers with a passion and wishes to use them in his plots and designs.

I suspect your party could take out a single Neutronium Golem - I think I recalculated them to around CR 750 ish.

Drazen

Demon Prince
Hey Kehzathria amigo! :)

I suspect your party could take out a single Neutronium Golem - I think I recalculated them to around CR 750 ish.
Well, It's only a rumor. I suspect their could be a whole lot guarding the book. I know i must act carefully lest I fail epicly and suffer some dire fate.

Drazen

Demon Prince
Our quest for the Book of Sleep Failed. After defeating a Nuetronium Golem and 6 Orchalculim Golems (With fun +5000 Pure Orichalcium keen unerring greatswords) (Their Supernova and plasma beams posed a hard challenge) We were able to defeat them march into their fortress and began our search, only to find out the book was already destroyed. In the process though we found a mirror of hidden knowledge.
The mirror revealed a plot by Metatron and a few Upper plane Elder Ones to destroy all evil in the multiverse. Apparently She plans to capture the Wheel of Fortune and send assailants and infiltrators among the Yugoloths, Demons, and Devils. With multiple smaller schemes and plans in between, we have realized the great danger Metatron poses to our party member Krystal because of her ties to the outer planes. However, that's not the only thing going on. But I'll save that for another time.

Also, I would love to announce my new takeover (Silently and discreetly, of course) of the Zhentriam. By making a deal with Cyric (Prince of Lies) to help get revenge on Kelemvor Lyonsbane (And to promise to give him protection from the fall of the gods we are planning. ) he has weaved multiple barriers to protect my magic from outside detection and granted me control over Zhentriam (As the God of shadows he can weave plots of intrigue and therefore protecting me). To make my castings anonymous from the weave (And helping to shield Mystra on exactly who I am) . Mystra suspects my existence (She does not really KNOW what I am) but has no evidence to back anything up. I am amusing myself with the small potatoes of the Zhentriam and often use an improved version of soul dominion on Manshoon to puppet out my schemes and run them. I hope to develop the Zhentriam into a epic organization.

Oh, shout out to V for taking over the Garrote. He is now the master of a powerful organization (The player got handed a HUGE amount of paperwork on higher ups and safe house in that organization)

Drazen

Demon Prince
Also my protection from detection has been granted by a powerful Crown of Magical Anonymity (Specially crafted for me) and i also now possess the Ring of winter (My favorite ring) and created non sentient duplicates for my elite death knight bodyguards (478 Fighter/30 Guardian Paramount) to use. I love my new ring, finding it was pretty easy at my level and the defenses around it were amusing. Some Zhentriam soldiers died in my service to obtain it but they were expendable. I shall began to wield the Zhentriam to obtain more trade routes and political power.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases