Akalich Meets Forgotten Realms

Welkins Or Akaliches?

• Welkin

• Akalich

Results are only viewable after voting.
Personal Adventure Update

Here we go again.......
Well my agents have informed me on their power, level, items, and whatnot.
Anyway, here are stats
  • Ryan (Paragon Elf) (803 Wizard/5 Archmage)
  • Keteerah Lormin (Paragon Weretiger) (640 Arcane Archer/108 Ranger/67 Druid)
  • Magas Evileye (Paragon Human) (413 Fighter/403 Hexblade)
  • Laura (Paragon Leshay) (519 Ninja/238 Monk/61 Illusionist)
  • Draken Darkwhim (Paragon Changeling) (128 Rogue/349 Perfect Wight/340 Epic Infiltrator)
  • Vest (Paragon Tiefling) (603 Bard/210 Swashbuckler/4 Wizard)
  • And....Of course.....The Paladin

Now I'm interested in the sort of undead these people would make, aren't you?

So now, the paladin has been encouraging uprising through my kingdoms, primarily the Vetta Solar System.
But that's a bad move on her part, for you see i rule my subjects fairly. They accepted the order i impose, the strict and righteous judgement i bestow. So of course many do not see reason to have a uprising, for what is their a reason to fight when my rule is just?
Of course, their are some who oppose me but their futile resistance i'm beyond them. However this paladin is causing havoc nonetheless. So my nobles grow restless, sending agents to fight her and encountering her in duels, which she manages to win. I'm starting to get nervous.....

The (NPC-level) demographics of your game fascinates me.

Under standard demographic models you get one level 10 character for every 1000 people, one 20th-level character for every 1 million people and one 30th-level character for every 1 billion people, etc.

Immortals break this generally because they are extremely old, having lived multiple mortal life times.

So its interesting to me that there are so many 100+ level characters running about in your game. Now obviously your game doesn't use the standard model I mentioned* (and its probably just a necessary abstraction of your DM that they need to create so many such characters to challenge the PCs of the group).

*which is really just a soft guideline.

Drazen

Demon Prince
The (NPC-level) demographics of your game fascinates me.

Under standard demographic models you get one level 10 character for every 1000 people, one 20th-level character for every 1 million people and one 30th-level character for every 1 billion people, etc.

Immortals break this generally because they are extremely old, having lived multiple mortal life times.

So its interesting to me that there are so many 100+ level characters running about in your game. Now obviously your game doesn't use the standard model I mentioned* (and its probably just a necessary abstraction of your DM that they need to create so many such characters to challenge the PCs of the group).

*which is really just a soft guideline.
Our model goes like this: In all of existence there are infinite possibilities.
These possibilities sometimes collide with one another, creating rifts in reality and allowing creatures to interact each other by creating vessels designed to explore those rifts. Sorta like a extra-cosmic highway designed by ancient high lords. It's rare for creatures to find it though, its nature is unpredictable

Drazen

Demon Prince
So in theory we encounter completely different universes with different stories, laws of physics and natural orders.
That's were Zorvion Purifiers come from.
But it's not like we encounter level 400's and higher everyday. These beings ARE rare, so the situation i'm in comes once every blue moon

I remember in our game we had an ancient race of Super-Psionic Wizards referred to as Eldren - not sure if S'mon ( The DM ) was inspired by Warhammer 40k at the time. They were extremely high level* (in around 50-100, with one of their number 500th an evil traitor). But they were millions of years old and had been in stasis for millenia so they hadn't been part of the natural order of things. Even then, collectively they were probably not a match for an entire pantheon and of course there are many pantheons.

*For 1st/2nd Ed.

If Universal Rifts were being opened then you would expect Immortals (or some other similar beings) would seek to close them (or police them if the former is not possible). Otherwise the stability of the Universe is going to be called into question...as indeed it seems to be in your campaign.

Drazen

Demon Prince
I remember in our game we had an ancient race of Super-Psionic Wizards referred to as Eldren - not sure if S'mon ( The DM ) was inspired by Warhammer 40k at the time. They were extremely high level* (in around 50-100, with one of their number 500th an evil traitor). But they were millions of years old and had been in stasis for millenia so they hadn't been part of the natural order of things. Even then, collectively they were probably not a match for an entire pantheon and of course there are many pantheons.

*For 1st/2nd Ed.

If Universal Rifts were being opened then you would expect Immortals (or some other similar beings) would seek to close them (or police them if the former is not possible). Otherwise the stability of the Universe is going to be called into question...as indeed it seems to be in your campaign.
Does seem like something that would happen.
Now this would probably be an adventure by our Dm

Drazen

Demon Prince
Do you have stats for these Eldren?
I'll like to take them to Dave (Our DM)

If our DM would add them, i think they would make a great Ally.

Does seem like something that would happen.
Now this would probably be an adventure by our Dm

Well think about the tv show Stargate. All the discovered Stargates are policed by one or more of the factions involved. Same thing might happen for these Rifts with Pantheons or other organizations taking control of one of them. Sending exploratory teams into the other Universes and so forth.

Do you have stats for these Eldren?
I'll like to take them to Dave (Our DM)

If our DM would add them, i think they would make a great Ally.

Statistically I don't recall them being anything special beyond being very high-level wizards AND having really powerful Psionic capabilities (for 1st Edition that is). I do recall they had Force-blade weapons that were basically Lightsabres.

I might pay homage to them in the Alien Gods etc. book.

Drazen

Demon Prince
Well think about the tv show Stargate. All the discovered Stargates are policed by one or more of the factions involved. Same thing might happen for these Rifts with Pantheons or other organizations taking control of one of them. Sending exploratory teams into the other Universes and so forth.
Exploratory teams? Sounds like new undead material for me :devilish:
Makes sense, i thing Big D will do it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases