• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Alleged disgruntled NuTSR insider spills the beans.

I think TSR was cursed back in the 70s when Mr Kaye died. They haven't ever really had anything but business strife since then..

What? It makes as much sense as any of the crap that's been floated over the last 50 years.

Religion/politics
Nice paint job.

Mod Note:

I’m trying to see a non-political take on that image. Failed. So it’s gone, and you get dinged.

Last edited by a moderator:

With the Chad account gone, did anyone get a backup?

I kinda want to know what the big deal was.

Check out the links in the OP (Tenkar's Travern, David Flor's twitter) or Kim Wincen's twitter (@wincenworks). Between them you can see pretty much everything. Note that Kim's twitter also has political content.

Shakeshift

Adventurer
Cthulhu is part of Nietzsche-esque N*zi-esque philosophical tradition. Its originator supports racism. Some incarnations of a Cthulhu version of racism are Post-Modern, meaning, its adherents deny the legitimacy of the use of logic to explain why racism is problematic. The concept of Cthulhu itself is sociopathic tyranny.
My understanding is always that Cthulu sleeps under the waves, where the ocean waters nullify his power and keep him docile and sedate. Only when R'Lyeh rises from the bottom of the ocean should anyone be in any real trouble.

As much as Venger Satanis considers himself a follower/demigod of Cthulu, considering his lack of effectiveness in organizing conventions/designing games/convincing people to mobilize under his command, I'm guessing that if Cthulu WAS real, Venger would probably be consumed as non-Euclidian foodstuffs rather than be elevated to an officer in the subhuman army LOL.

I mean, a general in Cthulu's army would have to be someone who gets people to willingly join his cause and follow his banner. As of right now, nobody has signed up for any of his games he's running at TSRCon. That says something about his overall value to the Cthulu army?

Last edited:

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
cthulhu16.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads