Alternate Psionics stats sytem

Gellion

First Post
Well, i never liked the idea of Psionics using physical abailties, so i made them purely mental abilities. Here is how Psionics would be if i were a DM. They would also use the Psionics are different varient.

Int: Metacreativity, Psychokinesis
Wis:: Clairesentinence, Psychoportation
Cha: Telepathy, Psychometabolism

So, does this seem balanced?

Staffan

Legend
Gellion said:
Well, i never liked the idea of Psionics using physical abailties, so i made them purely mental abilities. Here is how Psionics would be if i were a DM. They would also use the Psionics are different varient.

Int: Metacreativity, Psychokinesis
Wis:: Clairesentinence, Psychoportation

So, does this seem balanced?
Dunno about balanced, but I would probably use Charisma for Psychokinesis (you're affecting things outside yourself, inflicting your will on the world), Wisdom for Psychometabolism (internal stuff, being in tune with yourself), and Int for Psychoportation (umm... it's the one left).

Gellion

First Post
Staffan said:
Dunno about balanced, but I would probably use Charisma for Psychokinesis (you're affecting things outside yourself, inflicting your will on the world), Wisdom for Psychometabolism (internal stuff, being in tune with yourself), and Int for Psychoportation (umm... it's the one left).

I dunno, when i think of the name Egoist, i always associate it with something charisma based. But i suppose wisdom makes sense as well.

Arkhandus

First Post
Charisma is the right stat for Psychometablism I say. It affects the self, harnesses the ego, and so on......it's not ideal, but then, Psychometabolism is wierd in 3rd edition and psionic powers shouldn't be directly Charisma-based anyway, other then stuff like psionic defenses. Psychokinesis belongs with Intelligence, as it deals with fine manipulation of the world around you, modifying and controlling the most minute aspects of everything, and utilizing knowledge of how things work, and so on. Psychoportation belongs with Wisdom because Clairsentience already penetrates the veil of time and space, as does Psychoportation, and PsyPort involves awareness and recognition of the surroundings, an intuitive understanding of space and time, and being able to move from one location to a distant place, even extraplanar, that might not have even been seen before by the individual.

That said, I preferred 2nd Edition psionics, despite their complexity. :D Some powers were based on Constitution (like many PsyMet and Metapsionic powers), some on Intelligence, and some on Wisdom... And 2nd Edition explained the concepts of psionics very well, and the powers mostly made sense. 3rd Edition adds wierd shapeshifting, matter-creating, and other powers that just don't belong.... Regardless, long live D&D psionics !!

Nifft

Penguin Herder
My system is:

Int: Psychoportation, Metacreativity
Wis: Clairsentience, Psychokinesis

It's worked fine so far, in a Psi Are Different campaign.

-- N

Remove ads