• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ambiguously Gendered Return of 'What is the Hivemind?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
And also something else...Something with a brand named for Aeneas, Troilus, Paris, Priam, and Hector ;)
Why do I feel dumb by not recognizing any of those brand names?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Why do I feel dumb by not recognizing any of those brand names?
One brand was named for all of those people. Think about where they come from. Its a city. The city was destroyed because Priam's son Paris eloped with a pretty married girl. Hector died defending it and Aeneas ran away with some survivors.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
One brand was named for all of those people. Think about where they come from. Its a city. The city was destroyed because Priam's son Paris eloped with a pretty married girl. Hector died defending it and Aeneas ran away with some survivors.
Doh, I knew that. I wasn't making the connection, and was thinking they were the band names

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Doh, I knew that. I wasn't making the connection, and was thinking they were the band names
Mel Brooks' "History of the World: Part I" makes use of that--the Roman characters are running from the authorities in costumes from a production of the Iliad, and the guard says to a passerby: "Quick! I'm looking for a pack of Trojans," garnering the response, "Oh, I just ran out last night."

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Mel Brooks' "History of the World: Part I" makes use of that--the Roman characters are running from the authorities in costumes from a production of the Iliad, and the guard says to a passerby: "Quick! I'm looking for a pack of Trojans," garnering the response, "Oh, I just ran out last night."
"The woman waits, while the master baits." :lol:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
The hive eats greets you
Mmmm....yummy greetings! Amy, you can tell Jdvn1 that if Anton doesn't do something soon, they're going to kill the Doggie for sure. That would be totally totally ironic if the Favoured Enemy: Magical Beast ranger managed to convince the party not to kill it though :D

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Mmmm....yummy greetings! Amy, you can tell Jdvn1 that if Anton doesn't do something soon, they're going to kill the Doggie for sure. That would be totally totally ironic if the Favoured Enemy: Magical Beast ranger managed to convince the party not to kill it though :D
He could try to bluff it that he's a little blue eyed girl and keep it as his animal companion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads