American fast food chain Arby's releases polyhedral dice set (for the third time)

But they're already sold out!

Arbys-dice-2.jpg

Released earlier today for $12, they're already sold out, but will be back on April 21.

For non-Americans, Arby's is a C-list American fast food chain specializing in what they swear are roast beef sandwiches. They have good sides and sauce, but the actual sandwiches, not so much. There's a reason Nihilist Arby's was a thing.

These would certainly be the most unique dice set to bring to the table. Heck, maybe you could use them to play the Wendy's RPG and tear a hole in the fabric of spacetime.

talien

Community Supporter
Try 4 seconds. I had them in my cart and they took them out and sold them out. I'm betting they maybe had approx 50 sets. And that someone with a robot connection took most of them. it said at the bottom of the screen they were sold out as of 10:00:004
Arby's sucks...
Same, I was pissed about this. I had them in my cart in about the same amount of time, and the system just queued with a warning that "just because you see this screen doesn't mean you have the dice." After five minutes it changed to "sorry we're out!"

There was no possible means for me to order it faster. Had to be a combination of bots and tiny inventory. Still mad about it though.

Keovar

AKA Thanatos from NKL/NTL days.
Arby’s appears in the Critical Failures series by Robert Bevan. A group of Eartlings get sent to a fantasy world by means of some magic dice. In an attempt to get home, they get a gnome wizard to teleport them. Said wizard later proceeds to open an Arby’s in the fantasy world.

Content Warning: The books are ‘mature’ in the juvenile humor sense, very much NSFW. Many of the characters are horrible people, though they’re satirical of the real-world asshats they resemble. The novels are like Cards Against Humanity; if you can laugh while still understanding how wrong it can be, you might enjoy them occasionally.

There’s a serial story on the books with a d20 on the cover, and s separate episodic anthology series in which the characters and situation resets at the end of the short story.

As to Arby’s, it’s what you can reasonably expect from fast food. It’s better than McDonalds, but that’s not difficult.

Last edited:

aramis erak

Legend
As to Arby’s, it’s what you can reasonably expect from fast food. It’s better than McDonalds, but that’s not difficult.
McDonalds (and BK, Taco Bell, and a few others) have one strategy that makes each of them actually quite hard to be better than... consistency. When I go to McDonalds in Oregon, the food tastes almost identical to the Soldotna, AK, McDonalds, and the one in Tampa, FL, and the one in the SEA-TAC airport, and the one in Portland International airport....
Likewise, every Burger King is almost flavor identical in main items across the same range. Taco Bell, likewise. And, much to my chagrin, Burgerville is the same "not for me" in Corvallis, Salem, Portland, and Albany, Oregon...
Jack in the Box lacks that consistency. Arby's comes close to it. Pizza Hut was sorely lacking it before pandemic; some stores weren't even consistent across shifts.
And Anchorage's own Artic Roadrunner had consistency on the sandwiches between the two locations, but not the sides.

McDonalds thrives on conformity to the corporate standards... the apparent diversity is an illusion; the different uniforms simply serve to hide that McDonalds franchisees have very, very, little allowance to customize on any level below national.

D&D serves much the same role in the gaming environment, but doesn't get to the level of consistency across locations. Seasons 1-4 of D&D AL for 5E were structured to attempt to get a more uniformity of play, mostly by restricting allowed rules, and using canned modules. And, Largely, it did reduce the variability a bit...

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter
I'm trying to be nice to the handful of surviving Arby's fans out there.
Have you tried their salads? They have a Farmer's salad that is one of my favorites anywhere. And their green mint shakes around St. Patrick's Day are to die for ... well, my doctor says with my diabetes that's truer than I might like.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Every time I've been away from the US for long stint, when I get back, one of the first things I get is an Arby's classic roast beef and cheddar that I drench in "horsey" sauce. Not sure why. When I'm living in the US, I rarely go to Arby's, but it is my comfort junk food when I've been away for a while.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads