An actual Chick tract was left on my door

Now this one I am not amused with. :/

Yeah, it was pretty heavy-handed. (But Chick was never known for his light touch.) It did lead to some good conversations with the kids about religion in general and Christian theology in particular. But I will definitely aim to avoid that house in the future.

aramis erak

Legend
I too have witnessed the rare and wondrous Chick Tract in real life.

Chick Tract
Wondrous item, uncommon
This small pamphlet is filled with goofy artwork and religious scripture. Upon reading it, the viewer must make a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or believe that niche games that involve dice and funny accents induct the players into a demonic cult. A failed saving throw likewise compels the reader to pass the item to another person who has not yet read it.
Most Chick tracts aren't gaming focused. There are ones against several major religions. There are ones against a variety of "Moral Wrongs"... and against many civic celebrations. There was one against the use of Christmas Trees... there is very little funny about them. They are the height of intolerance and narrow-mindedness.

5twymk.jpg

Seriously, that was only an altar boy next to the things you can read in internet, and "urban legend" is one of the softest words. The good new is this time D&D will be not the main target, but before they should be the videogames, current comics, literary sagas as Harry Potter, cartoons for adults or maybe some other TTRPGs. Even if it was necessary, Hasbro could explain D&D can be totally "family-friendly" with a style like Middle Earth by Tolkien or Narnia by C.S.Lewis, (and even Westeros/Game of Thrones by G.R.R. Martin to be retold like a subtile satire against society when this is ruled by the Niezsche's Ubermensch).

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Serious? Jack Chick despises Roman Catholics, he thinks that the pope is the literal devil. Those tracts were aimed at every single person in your town.
He hated them, and then shifted a bit to despising the church but pitying lay Catholics as unwitting servants of evil. So yeah, they were definitely aimed at the populace. As I recall it was his repeated attacks on Catholicism that wound up losing his tracts distribution in a lot of Christian book stores.

I believe the publishing company has stopped printing some of his weirder ones since his death, but The Death Cookie remains!

Helpful NPC Thom

Adventurer
Most Chick tracts aren't gaming focused. There are ones against several major religions. There are ones against a variety of "Moral Wrongs"... and against many civic celebrations. There was one against the use of Christmas Trees... there is very little funny about them. They are the height of intolerance and narrow-mindedness.
Daily do I mourn Blackleaf the thief's passing by cruel GM dictates. I have long studied the dark arts to obtain the True Power, and now that I have advanced to name level, it is within my grasp. Blackleaf shall not have died in vain!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases