D&D 5E And the award for "Best Improvised Weapon" goes to....

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Yeah, I have to go with another pc too. So the dragon had killed all the characters except for the barbarian. He had broken his axe due to a fumble table. The dead dwarven fighter had a spiked helmet. The barbarian throws the body of the dwarf, spike first at the dragon and crits...

Stormonu

Legend
Halflings or any other race smaller than your. 2E Half Giants get a big advantage.

Bards also popular as battering rams.
“Feet first! Feet first!” was our bard’s warcry.

Though I hear bards make better javelins - “Flying through air, with the greatest of ease..”

My barbarian had to go to a fancy, outdoor garden social event at a noble's Estate. Mood lighting, pretty dresses and suits the whole shebang. Unsurprisingly, he got goaded into a public duel with a rival. There were no weapons allowed into the event and the rival knew this (he was a monk) which is why he chose to pick the fight against my character at that point.

Leading up to the party, the Carpenter's guild had been hired to build a stage and some other pieces for the party. My character is a member of the Carpenter's Guild - he also has Tavern Brawler. We managed to smuggle in some 'everyday' items that had been reinforced to withstand high impact.

My barbarian beat the crap out of the monk with a tiki torch.

Voadam

Legend
Though I hear bards make better javelins - “Flying through air, with the greatest of ease..”
My valor bard was modeled on a viking WWE superstar so living weapon flying bard had a different connotation.

1623422092407.png

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
Bowl of noodles + animate rope = one very confused BBEG

Not sure if this counts, but had a Druid with a Dire Bear companion that was spider-climbing shoulder-drop an enemy below it, from a distance of mere 10 feet. With the Dire bear weighing several tons, by 3E rules that was a 20d6 shoulder drop.

Drop bear indeed.
Drop Bear puts me in mind of Power Word Whale.

Back in 2nd Edition, we were fighting a dragon in a chamber that funneled down from a wide open space up top to a tighter area below where we were and the dragon would come down to engage us (before flying back up to where he had space to maneuver while breathing on us). My high-level druid decided to cast Conjure Animals at maximum HD, knowing that (A) the only animals at that part of the table were whales and that (B) the creature had to appear in a space large enough to fit it. So, as the dragon prepared to swoop down upon us again, a whale twice his size materialized above him, plummeted down onto the surprised dragon, and slammed both of them into the dungeon floor below at speed. The conjured creature died from the impact and vanished, but the dragon lay mangled with a broken back (as the DM ruled while on his side laughing) as the Dragonslayer-kit Paladin approached to put it out of its misery…

Shiroiken

Legend
Brick on a Rope! (warning - mature themed)

From 5E, one player made a wrestler who at one point used a barbell as a 2 handed improvised weapon.

My favorite of all time was from 2E, when I killed an orc with my own severed arm. The DM was using one of the cockamamie critical hit/miss charts popular at the time, and the orc had cut off my sword arm. The DM ruled the hand let go of the sword, which went flying across the combat. Lacking anything else, I picked up my arm and began beating the orc with it (taking penalties for using it off hand). It took me the rest of the combat, while everyone else was killing 1 orc a round, but it was impressive nonetheless :cool:

Eis

Explorer
We were on the trail of someone or some thing which had been murdering people in the streets of this city we were in. Following the clues we ended up at an inn where we were set upon by the perpetrators of the murders. As it turned out it was a group of werewolves and having no magical weapons we were in a bit of a tight spot. Our dm used a story point mechanic where players could change a minor detail in the story/world and my friend asked if the candlesticks in the inn could happen to be silver. Thus we were saved by our paladin beating some werewolves to death with silver candlesticks in the inn that we claimed for ourselves afterwards

Remove ads