D&D 5E And the award for "Best Improvised Weapon" goes to....

GuyBoy

Hero
Pigs.

In a Wilderlands campaign, we were defending the city of Tell Qua from a siege by a large, evil army. Outnumbered and desperate, we placed all the town’s pigs in the killing ground of the main barbican. When the bad guys broke through the outer gate they were stampeded by frenzied porkers.
Not sure how effective it was, but it was fun.

PS for those of historical inclination, King John’s siege of Rochester Castle in 1215 also made use of pigs, albeit in a different way.

Fauchard1520

Adventurer
Pigs.

In a Wilderlands campaign, we were defending the city of Tell Qua from a siege by a large, evil army. Outnumbered and desperate, we placed all the town’s pigs in the killing ground of the main barbican. When the bad guys broke through the outer gate they were stampeded by frenzied porkers.
Not sure how effective it was, but it was fun.

PS for those of historical inclination, King John’s siege of Rochester Castle in 1215 also made use of pigs, albeit in a different way.
Man... Beating your enemies with your enemies seems to be a major theme. I wonder if it's possible to build a subclass around that?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
At one Winter Fantasy, my 4e table's Barbarian killed two Warforged bodyguards while wielding the Enchantress they were supposed to be guarding. (He had grappled her and picked her up to disrupt the ritual she was casting. Unknown to us the "bodyguards" were Minions!)

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Man... Beating your enemies with your enemies seems to be a major theme. I wonder if it's possible to build a subclass around that?
Fighter base class, Tavern Brawler feat as a subclass feature, Drunken Master Monk dodge-and-weave ability, Monk 'push the foe' ki ability aim-able at another foe in range (both take collision damage equal to falling the distance pushed?) ... there might be a subclass to be made after all.

Remove ads