• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Angel 3/19 (Spoilers)

Staffan

Legend
Angelsboi said:
And remember, she isnt defenceless. She has used her 'light' ability before and she has her own room. meaning, a vampire cannot come in UNLESS invited. Cordy wouldnt be stoopid enough to do that.
Not true. The invitation rule only applies to humans, and Cordy is not entirely human anymore (even ignoring the Evil Overlord thing, she's supposed to be half-demon in order to cope with the visions).

John Crichton

First Post
Staffan said:
Not true. The invitation rule only applies to humans, and Cordy is not entirely human anymore (even ignoring the Evil Overlord thing, she's supposed to be half-demon in order to cope with the visions).
No where in either Buffy or Angel has it been said about the rule only applying to humans. If it has been, please feel free to correct me. ;)

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
Angelsboi said:
Knowthetoe,
She has used her 'light' ability before and she has her own room. meaning, a vampire cannot come in UNLESS invited. Cordy wouldnt be stoopid enough to do that.

Angel has been in Cordy's room before, if I recall correctly, so he would'nt need a invitation if the rule applied here which it does'nt. I think the invitation rule applies to the whole residence rather then just one room. In other words, Angel can go into any room in the bulding if he wants to.

Shalimar

First Post
He can't hurt anyone though, Sanctuary spell and all that, as far as the rest of the angelites know anyway. The only people that know it can be broken is connor and Cordy, and they are the people that did the breaking and getting broken.

Staffan

Legend
John Crichton said:
No where in either Buffy or Angel has it been said about the rule only applying to humans. If it has been, please feel free to correct me. ;)
Back on the earlier seasons of Angel, he never had any problems entering demon lairs (including houses) without being invited. I think he even said something along the lines of "Oh, that only applies to living humans."

keb

First Post
Kenpo Wolf said:

Angel has been in Cordy's room before, if I recall correctly, so he would'nt need a invitation if the rule applied here which it does'nt. I think the invitation rule applies to the whole residence rather then just one room. In other words, Angel can go into any room in the bulding if he wants to.

Actually there have been at least two occasions where Angel entered an apartment building but couldn't enter an individual apartment inside the building until the owner died.

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
keb said:

Actually there have been at least two occasions where Angel entered an apartment building but couldn't enter an individual apartment inside the building until the owner died.

I know of one of the episodes you're talkng about which was in the first season when Kate's father got killed by a couple of vamps. A apartment is a residence as opposed to just a room someone stays in.

John Crichton

First Post
Staffan said:
Back on the earlier seasons of Angel, he never had any problems entering demon lairs (including houses) without being invited. I think he even said something along the lines of "Oh, that only applies to living humans."
Do you have any specific examples of this? I simply don't remember it.

Staffan

Legend
John Crichton said:
Do you have any specific examples of this? I simply don't remember it.
He was not invited into Russell Winters' home in the very first episode of Angel. He also enters demon lairs in just about every episode (at least in early seasons) without being invited.

RatPunk

First Post
I think one big difference as far as Angel being able to enter everyone's rooms in the hotel, however, is the fact that Angel actually owns the hotel. That would probably (though not definately) go along way to negating the invitation thing.

Just my $.02

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads