• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Another D&D cartoon reference, do they mean anything?

darjr

I crit!
I think the new Starter Set is a tie-in to the old cartoon, and I'm going to predict right now that Paramount+ is going to do a revival cartoon soon, given that they own the rights and are content partners with Hasbro.
Wait? What?! I believe you and I know you’re going to low key hate me asking, but cite please?

I dint blame you really if you just ghost this

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
The original final episode script they CHOSE to stay, despite being able to leave.

The fan made adapation of that script (which is on Youtube and very well done), all but one decide to go home.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Wait? What?! I believe you and I know you’re going to low key hate me asking, but cite please?

I dint blame you really if you just ghost this
OK, I actually looked into it a bit, but even though this was a CBS show (which is now owned by paramount after they brought the streams back together last year), it seems that Disney actually owns the show, through having purchased Fox who purchased News Corp. who had bought marvel TV back in the day. So, this would have to be Hasbro and Disney working together...

The new Starter Set is speculation people are putting out based on the characters on the box.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
The original final episode script they CHOSE to stay, despite being able to leave.

The fan made adapation of that script (which is on Youtube and very well done), all but one decide to go home.
My read of the script (which admittedly was years ago) was that it ended without them making a choice. The door was open and they could choose to go or stay but it ended without telling us their choices (IIRC the writer indicated that he'd intended it to work as either a series finale or as a way to retool the show for a new season if they could get the network to bite).

Jer

Legend
Supporter
OK, I actually looked into it a bit, but even though this was a CBS show (which is now owned by paramount after they brought the streams back together last year), it seems that Disney actually owns the show, through having purchased Fox who purchased News Corp. who had bought marvel TV back in the day. So, this would have to be Hasbro and Disney working together...
Are you sure that Disney actually co-owns the D&D cartoon? I haven't been able to find a citation that Disney owns it now. If they do it's because they acquired the old Marvel Productions arm when they acquired Fox, but it's such a niche license that it's possible that ownership lapsed back to TSR/Wizards before that point and nobody noticed to report on it (the unwinding of Marvel's bankruptcy and spinoffs is a book that I want to see someone write).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Are you sure that Disney actually co-owns the D&D cartoon? I haven't been able to find a citation that Disney owns it now. If they do it's because they acquired the old Marvel Productions arm when they acquired Fox, but it's such a niche license that it's possible that ownership lapsed back to TSR/Wizards before that point and nobody noticed to report on it (the unwinding of Marvel's bankruptcy and spinoffs is a book that I want to see someone write).
It isn't terribly clear, though the series was released as recently as 2009, so somebody owns it, and Disney is the most likely suspect: the show itself wouldn't revert, but the complication is that the D&D IP holder and the owner of the show would need to cooperate on any action...

Remove ads