• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Another D&D cartoon reference, do they mean anything?

Or maybe we will see a reboot of the show. I imagine today some characters may be race-swaped, but I suggest to start from zero with a second group, maybe some members are the offspring of the first DM's pupils. Other point is to add more no-humans: gnomes, elves, dwarves, dragonborns, aasimars, tielflings..

Maybe the "Realm" was "rebooted" because "a wizard did it!" (and even I have a name in the list of suspects, one what starts with V and ends with "..ecna").

The archer and the acrobat
OIP.EttKuDOcmesqE432y1gpbwHaHa

I think Hank was described as the ranger. The colour scheme is certainly a close match for him. As pointed out Diana would probably need a redesign. Her 1st edition class was Thief-Acrobat, which was a thing back then.

Now Diana would be the "monk", but this name could be confusing for children. Eric would be the paladin.

Other point is the lore to be redesigned to allow possible spin-off, for example Venger's sister creating a second group of young heroes.

The children returned to home because in the episode about the girl who dreamed the future she saw Bobby giving back her necklace.

Reusing old franchises is easier to start from zero and there is a potential market among the nostalgic older generation but not always it works too well, for example He-Man and the Masters of the Universe or Thundercats.

Eric always was referred to as the paladin. But "who is the audience?" is always a problem with animated revivals. Do you aim it at 12 years olds like the original, or the 40-somethings for whom it has nostalgia value? Very difficult to hit both targets.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads