• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Another D&D cartoon reference, do they mean anything?

GreyLord

Legend
Most of the classes could be done easily enough these days, with some of them already have a way to do it.

Hank could be a Ranger with a Outdoorsman background and a Bow of Ehlonna which operates similarly to a Quiver of Ehlonna in that it always has an arrow ready.

Sheila could be a Rogue with a Scribe Background and a cloak of invisibility.

Bobby would be a Barbarian with a Druidic Initiate Background and a magic club of Thunder.

Eric could be a Fighter with a Cavalier Archetype and a Noble Background and a shield which activates a wall of force.

Diana would be a Monk or Fighter (or maybe even a bard) with an Entertainer (Acrobat) background and an exapanding and contracting staff.

Presto would be a Commoner (okay....wizard...but in the cartoon he doesn't actually cast much magic, it's always his hat). Now Presto is the tough one as his hat really is sort of like an artifact in that it gives him almost anything he could desire, but his desires always get flubbed. I think people discussed it here before. Maybe a Hat of Limited Wishes?

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Presto would be a Commoner (okay....wizard...but in the cartoon he doesn't actually cast much magic, it's always his hat). Now Presto is the tough one as his hat really is sort of like an artifact in that it gives him almost anything he could desire, but his desires always get flubbed. I think people discussed it here before. Maybe a Hat of Limited Wishes?
Presto is the character who is most from a different game system. Something with freeform magic like Mage or something.

Actually tho - Presto is the character who would benefit the most from "disassociated mechanics". He's usually casting spells that damage, distract or hamper the opposition in some way but whose descriptions of those effects change based on whatever rhyme the player can come up with at the moment. (And there's some kind of casting failure rule on the poor guy to boot, though often the "failures" end up either being complications or fail forward failures instead of just "the spell doesn't work").

I wonder if WotC wants to create a "isekai" line. This has got its risks, because adult people from this world in a fantasy realm if they survive enough, they could start the industrial revolution.

Othe theory is the new world being created to allow crossovers with no-fantasy franchises, because Hasbro likes to sell licenced products.

Urban Arcana as a TV show? It may be a superhit or a bomb if the productin is right or not. But we know nothing about that old UA a lot of time ago. Urban Arcana as videogame? Why not if there are titles based in Shadowrun? Urban Arcana would be technically "reverse isekai", wouldn't be it?

* Today the characters couldn't wear always the same clothings when they are in zones with a different weather, too old or hot.

* After the action-live movie a animated serie could be possible, but I guess they will wait the reaction by the audience with the movie.

* With Presto's hat could get all the toilet paper they would need.

* My opinion is afte months and even or complete year in the Realm, the children returned to home and it was only no more 24 hours.

Wild magic sorcerer with the hat as a focus, and really bad luck with the wild surge rolls...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads