D&D 5E Any interest in a PbP Out of the Abyss (players or DMs)?

Uller

Adventurer
Well, [MENTION=6788194]Zansy[/MENTION], I'm a big proponent of people playing what jazzes them. If that's drow in an Underdark campaign, then that's drow. I won't speak for Uller, but my thought that a surface dweller would be spades of fun was intended for someone on the fence about what to play. The right players can get by with playing a burlap sack and still make for a diverting game.
This.

Zansy

Explorer
Well, @Zansy, I'm a big proponent of people playing what jazzes them. If that's drow in an Underdark campaign, then that's drow. I won't speak for Uller, but my thought that a surface dweller would be spades of fun was intended for someone on the fence about what to play. The right players can get by with playing a burlap sack and still make for a diverting game.
No worries, guys. I'm not married to the idea of playing a Drow.:p
It was just a thought of mine since there would probably be a lot of them, which makes creating one less of a big deal, but that won't make other party members more readily trustworthy.
I want to be on the heroes' side, but I'm pretty interested in trying to overcome prejudice. Closest I got to ever playing a dark elf was a half-Drow in Pathfinder, and she came out too... What's the word? Too "cute" for the game. I'll sleep on my options but I'm open to suggestions as I mentioned above.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Also, being a seasoned vet, "the horror" of the Underdark has lost some of its menace over time. That said, my tough-as-nails Halfling Rambo tunnelrat may have been dealing with goblins and the like, but will have never been THIS DEEP into underground territory.

Lucky for the Drow... :D

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Back in my 2e days, I played a polymorphed Half-Elven Bard once. Some nasty wizard changed him into a snake. His best bud was also changed into a frog.

That was a fun few days. :3

Remove ads