D&D 5E Any interest in a PbP Out of the Abyss (players or DMs)?

Zansy

Explorer
That's just it, there isn't a fuss. When you mentioned Bard (and this is just how I am reading the postings, Herobizkit knows their word's intent better than I), Hero excitedly jumped at the chance to talk about the bard with a fellow bard fan. I believe you may have taken the words out of context as a condemnation, when (once again, all my point of view) it was more intended to be a "Hey bro, you like bards? I like bards! Let's Bard it up!"

If that is the case I'd like to apologize, when reading @Herobizkit's responses, the conversation made more sense to me in the opposite connotation, what I saw was summed up to "how could you play this class now that it's ridiculously OP", and I reflexively went on defensive. If I misunderstood, then I'm sorry.

EDIT: Either way I hardly ever optimize, I think of my character first when choosing spells and I am generally very responsible with that. Ask anyone ^_^;>

EDIT-II: To answer with a little more enthusiasm, I'm a very big fan of bards in concept, this is my first time playing one because in 3.5, as you said, they are subpar in every regard (and I'm also a little too shy to sing at the table with friends). I came really close to playing this homebrew Bard from GitP once, but I didn't follow through. I think I'd be ready to pick up a bard if the class finally gets the love it deserves. I'm still not so sure about singing though...

Last edited:

Egon

First Post
Ok, so color me definitely interested in an OotA campaign as a player. Which I think is a shade of orange of some kind, really. I mean, it's not a hyper-intelligent shade of blue, I know that. :)

Anyhow, I'm all in. But only if my character has some really funky coincidental link to something [MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION] has already run into in a game.

Anyhow, I'm all in. But only if my character has some really funky coincidental link to something [MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION] has already run into in a game.

Do one better. Find Cannadienne's former elementary school, find the gym teacher, and interview them extensively. Then, base a character off of that person. That will throw them for a loop.

SunGold

First Post
Anyway...no worries....if people want to optimize then go ahead. If not, then don't. As a DM I try to have opportunities for both play styles to shine (im not always successful, but I try)

Glad to read this. I have no prob with fellow group members optimizing, but it's just not my cup of tea. Underwater basketweaving forever. :p

Also: are we all going to get to play? *crosses fingers* On the first page you said you'd take up to 4 players, but it looks like there are 7 or 8 of us here now.

Do one better. Find Cannadienne's former elementary school, find the gym teacher, and interview them extensively. Then, base a character off of that person. That will throw them for a loop.
Well. If you're looking to super really weird me out, you'll need to dig up my 6th grade Algebra teacher, who used to joke to gales of student laughter during class about how he locked his children in a closet and his dog in the cellar. It turned out three years later during his trial for MURDERING HIS WIFE that most of what he'd "joked" about was true. We were all well and truly horrified.

Well. If you're looking to super really weird me out, you'll need to dig up my 6th grade Algebra teacher, who used to joke to gales of student laughter during class about how he locked his children in a closet and his dog in the cellar. It turned out three years later during his trial for MURDERING HIS WIFE that most of what he'd "joked" about was true. We were all well and truly horrified.

Way better. Make this character.

Remove ads