• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any news on playtesting?

keterys

First Post
PAX East(er) ends at April 8th. Let's say that they process the results from it and maybe have something out for end of April or sometime in May.

Far as I know, they've been pretty open that there would be nothing before Spring, and the first day of Spring was never brought up. Patience.

Oh, and cut off the edition warring. They're considering every edition, and that includes parts of 3e and parts of 4e, and it's not just "3e Revised".

Dice4Hire

First Post
With PAX East, I have never expected the open playtest before the end of April or maybe May. Sooner would be cool, but I do not expect it.

Andor

First Post
I realize that this must surely have been asked before, but has anyone heard when the playtesting will begin?

I'm annoyed that WOTC has asked for names then nothing. Other than compile a database full of emails, nothing seems to have come their 'signup for playtesting'

If they were not ready to begin playtesting soon, they should have waited before announcing it.

Good lord people are impatient these days. You do realize that it take several people probably a couple of weeks to do nothing but vet and organize that list and organize desireable playgroups by region, experience and age, right?

Hell even if they had the test rules ready to go I'd expect at least a month between taking names and doing a mailing, and they weren't ready to go.

Agamon

Adventurer
Yeah, I might be a bit annoyed if it was June and no word at all, but it was planned for spring, and all signs point to May as a target, so no need to get the panties knotted yet.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I've been assuming we'll get the open play test on June 19 (last day of spring). In this sort of situation, I prefer to keep my expectations low and then be pleasantly surprised rather than have high hopes that are later dashed.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I've been assuming we'll get the open play test on June 19 (last day of spring). In this sort of situation, I prefer to keep my expectations low and then be pleasantly surprised rather than have high hopes that are later dashed.
Me too--which is why have my expectations set on September.

Rydac

Explorer
Not to bear bad news, but isn't there good chance that next playtest stage isn't fully open, but just an expansion upon friends and family to perhaps DDi members that signed up to the playtest list?

I'm just guessing, but based on what has been said earlier I figure there is good chance that this summer's Encounters adventure will be part of playtesting....and might itself be the next stage?

Kzach

Banned
Banned
If they were not ready to begin playtesting soon, they should have waited before announcing it.

I almost bust a gut laughing when I read this; the thought of WotC announcing something that they were actually ready and able to deliver is hilarious.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads