• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any news on playtesting?

Mattachine

Adventurer
I am in the friends and family group (through someone in my gaming group that works on a D&D property), and I haven't been in the playtest yet.

The first phase of the test is still ongoing.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
it's funny that we're only three days into spring and people are already claiming that the playtest is late.

It's not so much about not being in the play-test it's more about there not being ANY news about ANYTHING. WotC dropped a bomb-shell on us all and then... nothing. Well, aside from some very vague comments from Monte.

But that's par for the course with WotC. They announce something and have zero plans in place to make it happen, let alone market it. It's all pie-in-the-sky until a product is delivered. I've learned not to trust ANY claims made by ANY WotC employee about ANY product that is not finished and on the shelf for sale.

What they should've done is set up a specific news feed site and organised with sites like ENW for 'breaking' news and information in order to build hype and get people involved. WotC made a bold claim that they wanted to be informed by their customers and then go silent; do they expect us to seek them out? Should we all go to Seattle and ask for a play-test package or at least news about one?

Until 5e is in my hands, I refuse to believe it exists.

Kynn

Adventurer
WotC made a bold claim that they wanted to be informed by their customers and then go silent; do they expect us to seek them out?

Well, they've been doing all those wacky polls and blog posts. I guess that's what they think "crowdsourcing the next edition of D&D" should look like at this point in time.

I don't think it's what most players think it should look like.

Iosue

Legend
Well, they've been doing all those wacky polls and blog posts. I guess that's what they think "crowdsourcing the next edition of D&D" should look like at this point in time.

I don't think it's what most players think it should look like.
That would matter if WotC ever said they were doing "crowdsourcing". As a matter of fact, they haven't, and that's not what they're doing.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
It's not so much about not being in the play-test it's more about there not being ANY news about ANYTHING. WotC dropped a bomb-shell on us all and then... nothing. Well, aside from some very vague comments from Monte.

If you consider all the articles, blog posts, and twitter comments WotC has made over the last few months that have talked about the playtests and what some of the ideas they are trying out as 'nothing'... then there's no point in saying anything 'official' because apparently some people can't comprehend information that's three feet in front of their face.

underfoot007ct

First Post

But that's par for the course with WotC. They announce something and have zero plans in place to make it happen, let alone market it. It's all pie-in-the-sky until a product is delivered. I've learned not to trust ANY claims made by ANY WotC employee about ANY product that is not finished and on the shelf for sale.

What they should've done is set up a specific news feed site and organised with sites like ENW for 'breaking' news and information in order to build hype and get people involved. WotC made a bold claim that they wanted to be informed by their customers and then go silent; do they expect us to seek them out? Should we all go to Seattle and ask for a play-test package or at least news about one?

Until 5e is in my hands, I refuse to believe it exists.

If you are that impatient, You could go to PaxEast and play 5eNext there, or do you think all the people who played 5eNext at DDXP were playing a 'non-existent' game?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads