D&D General Anybody still playing a d20 System game?

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Within the last couple of years, I've played Sidewinder: Recoiled and I've used d20 Future for Star•Drive... though I think I'll be using something else for the latter in the future.

Shiroiken

Legend
I played the d20 system conversion of call of Cthulhu for a Halloween one-shot once. The d20 system is a horrible mismatch for the themes of CoC, but the sample adventures in the back of the book were both excellent.
I remember seeing an example chart for this system...

1d20 - Result
1-5 Character dies horribly
6-10 Character dies
11-15 Character goes insane
16-19 Roll Again
20 Roll Again for both you and the PC closest to you

By which I mean the actual d20 System, not just any game which uses a d20. It would have this logo, and been produced in the early 2000s. I’m curious which, if any, lived on as published in peoples’ game nights after the d20 boom ended.

Would you count Mutants & Masterminds? It certainly uses the d20 system, but wasn't eligible to use the STL because it included character generation rules.

Zardnaar

Legend
What edition of rules does the d20 system use?

I am guessing third edition?

Depends on the system. It's usually class based and shares parts of 3E.

Star Wars Saga Edition is kind of a 3.5/4E hybrid if it had bounded accuracy it would be up there in terms of quality.

Completely different skills and class structure than 3.5 and 4E although all the classes kind if resemble a 3.5 fighter in a way.

Last edited:

CapnZapp

Legend
That was a great book, and my first introduction to CoC actually. Granted, levels and HP bloat and feats don't mix awesome with cosmic horror, but it worked well enough with pulp action. And the production value was stellar.
Indeed.

I remain baffled to this day how Monte Cook & Co could fail to realize that a 1st level professor-type character needs to be able to have a level ten skill score in his or her designated field of academia.

Just... baffling

Remove ads