• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone else coming back into the fold because of 4.0?

Cactot

First Post
I have been a wayward gamer, not having played for the past few years. One day recently I stumbled upon a news announcement about 4.0, and I decided to hit up all my old haunts (enworld and the wizards forums) to get more information. Despite the heaping criticism from zillions of grognards, after reading about it and seeing some of the character sheets I cannot help to be excited about the upcoming edition. Yet i am having a hard time extrapolating on why exactly it has me so excited. But nonetheless it has me quite excited, and I will soon start actively looking for a group in/around the Bothell, WA area. Has this been the case for anyone else? I was a huge fan of 2.0 and 3.0/3.5, but there were definitely problems with it that I feel that this edition will remedy, and turn it into a more ideal system for the kind of games that I enjoy. I think I will try and expound on this in another post.

Also, anyone in my area got a kick ass group going that needs another player?

Nightchilde-2

First Post
I suffered extreme D&D burnout about a year and a half ago. But 4e has me (and my group) ready to go kick in some doors and kill some orcs, fo sho.

Callikah

First Post
im also gonna be coming back to d&d with 4e after 3.5 completly put me off the game(although i did play some mutants and masterminds)

i cant wait to build an encounter with the new monster system and traps, and scare my group witless again with my favorite monsters from the mm (displacer beasts and dire animals)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
While I've played plenty of 3.0 and 3.5, for the last ten years I've mostly been playing a home-made roleplaying game that suits my style better. After updating (changing) my rule set too many times, my players rebelled on me for a game they could actually take home and read. (Many of my games rules are in my head due to lack of time to write 'em down.)

Anyway, so far I'm loving 4th and I think I may be able to retire my homebrew for something my players can buy. I really always wanted to play D&D (the SETTING of my game was always clearly D&D) so I'm back!

Fitz

WheresMyD20

First Post
I'll certainly give 4e a try. At the very least, I'll be playing it in whatever videogame uses it as its rules basis (NWN3?). Unless the new rules really impress me, though, I'll probably stick to running 1e or BECMI/RC.

MaelStorm

First Post
After 10 or 11 years without playing RPGs, D&D 4E got me interested.

AD&D 2E did put the nail in the coffin 17 years ago and I never thought I would want to play D&D again. But I guess you can never say never!

Last edited:

Remove ads