• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone pick up World in Conflict?

Woas

First Post
I know its only been out for two or three days. But has anyone picked up World in Conflict? I got it and I love it. I'm not a big fan of base building in general... so the tactical aspect of the game is right on for me. If anyone out there has it, maybe we can hop on and try teaming up on multiplayer?

I downloaded the demo and played it over the weekend. I kinda liked it, although in the demo scenario it seemed to require little in the way of tactics and just let you zerg your way through it. I'd kinda like to know if the full game is that way, or if they just made the demo scenario to let you blow things up real good and showcase the engine.

Goose

First Post
It gets tougher and tougher as you go, requiring legitimate tactics to complete scenarios, its a very solid game. Definately worth the purchase in my opinion.

Woas

First Post
Oh the real game is very tactics orientated. I mean, the game is really made for multiplayer. The single player story-line stuff seems easy (to me) and mainly just gives you some units to "learn" the pros and cons of each with. For example, in single player you're faced with a lot of typical "3 tanks will respawn at this point and attack you every 4 minutes" deal. But multiplayer is a lot more brutal... and more fun.
In fact the one sad part about multiplayer that I've found is that because the game relies so much on tactics and team cooperation, that playing with random folks can get annoying because everyone wants to do their own thing and not help (or even hinder in some cases) each other. It'd be cool to play with "trustworthy" people though if anyone out there has it.

Remove ads