• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anything goes???

redknight

First Post
I ran a short lived BESM campaign in which the setting was the near future. In this future, magic had returned to the world.

It included cybernetic werewolves, young girl sorceresess, police with security bots and powered armor, vampires etc.

If you are interested, I could try to find some of my old notes on the campaign world and send it to you.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
A supers game should be able to do that or it's not a good supers game. Also anything post-apocalyptic should be able to handle it.

bwgwl

First Post
you could do it as a supers game. and it wouldn't even necessarily have to be comical.

though for humor, nothing beats GURPS IOU! :D

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
My players have access to all my books....which includes OA, Nyabme, Oathbound, Dragonstar....it's all available. They just gotta express interest, and I'll get it into any setting, for the most part.

KnowTheToe

First Post
Gamma World or any setting where just surviving is a chalenge. At that point, players don't need a common allignment, just the common goal to survive. Another example of this might be a mad max setting.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
wighair said:
sounds like the modern version of "The Wizard of Oz" to me.

Not at all - IOU is just the weirdest university on this planet, and it gets students (and faculty!) from everywhere - and thanks to the College of Temporal Happenstance, Ultimate Lies, & Historical Undertakings (C.T.H.U.L.H.U., for short), everywhen as well.

Be scared. Be very scared. And remember the campus rules:

"1: The ArchDean always gets 10%.
2: There aren't any exceptions to Rule #1. No freebies!
3: Don't mess with cats.
4: Thou shalt never lower the ArchDean's stock values.
5: First-semester freshthings are completely off-limits.
6: No black holes on campus. Except small ones on pizza.
7: No antimatter on campus, either. Even on pizza.
8: Destruction of the Earth, the Sun or other Solar System objects requires the written permission of the ArchDean.
9: No faculty blood-feuds without a current permit!"

Semper Fnord!

Jürgen Hubert said:
Not at all - IOU is just the weirdest university on this planet, and it gets students (and faculty!) from everywhere - and thanks to the College of Temporal Happenstance, Ultimate Lies, & Historical Undertakings (C.T.H.U.L.H.U., for short), everywhen as well.

Be scared. Be very scared. And remember the campus rules:

"1: The ArchDean always gets 10%.
2: There aren't any exceptions to Rule #1. No freebies!
3: Don't mess with cats.
4: Thou shalt never lower the ArchDean's stock values.
5: First-semester freshthings are completely off-limits.
6: No black holes on campus. Except small ones on pizza.
7: No antimatter on campus, either. Even on pizza.
8: Destruction of the Earth, the Sun or other Solar System objects requires the written permission of the ArchDean.
9: No faculty blood-feuds without a current permit!"

Semper Fnord!

Alright. I'm officially buying that book. 3 & 9 alone are worth it.

Where does one go for a blood-feud permit...

War Golem

First Post
Brisk-sg said:
If you do it right it shouldn’t seem comical… and your example comes very close to a comic I read a couple of times called Battle Chasers. It had an ex-knight, a little girl who possessed a powerful artifact that gave her magic powers, a giant robot golem, and an ancient wizard. It mixed hi tech, low tech, medieval feel, and magic together without seeming silly or comical.

Don't forget the bodacious & buxom anti-heroine! She even got my oil flowing.

http://www.comicfanmag.com/redmon_csc1.shtml

Cheers,

-War Golem

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads