• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anything goes???

Oni

First Post
Horacio said:

Again, read the Feng Shui book, plenty of ideas :D

I don't know much about Feng Shui beyond that fact that it is some sort of Hong Kong action game. I don't suppose I could get you to elaborate with a couple examples?

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
(I want to play the university game! That sounds like a fantastic setting for lots of strangeness!)

I would also say that free-form, no rules roleplaying could work quite well in that enviroment. Although you have to have mature players otherwise you end up with demi-gods.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Oni said:

I don't know much about Feng Shui beyond that fact that it is some sort of Hong Kong action game. I don't suppose I could get you to elaborate with a couple examples?

I'm going to give you the best example...

Go to the Hosted Story Hours page, donwload Dr. Mignight's Six in the Chamber and enjoy. Wonderful Feng Shui story hour...

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Pbartender said:

"7: No antimatter on campus, either. Even on pizza."

That rule alone would prohibit me from attending... *SIGH*

What this means in practice is that you shouldn't be caught on campus with antimatter. Of course, you can either try to hide it (and blame the resulting explosions on someone else, usually W.U.S.E. students), or do your research elsewhere on field trips. The university administration couldn't care less if you did your antimatter experiments in, say, Kansas - and teleportation spells or devices are easily available on campus that can get you there (this says nothing about their reliability, however...).

Come to think of it, the IOU Industrial Park outside of the campus will probably work as well.

Last edited:

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Tallarn said:
(I want to play the university game! That sounds like a fantastic setting for lots of strangeness!)

And I haven't even talked about all the possible extracuricular activities, like those provided by student organisations like the Student Overground (they used to be underground, but the Steam Tunnels got too dangerous...), the Campus Crusade for C.T.H.U.L.H.U., the Campus Crusade for Cthulhu, the Democrats for Cthulhu, the two student-run radio stations, WIOU and KIOU (which broadcast on the same frequency, which has led to some interesting innovations in radio technology), and the Daily Illuminator, the student newspaper...

I would also say that free-form, no rules roleplaying could work quite well in that enviroment. Although you have to have mature players otherwise you end up with demi-gods.

In the case of IOU, not really. The senior staff almost always has the better leverage, even against demigods (To quote the ArchDean: "They graduate, take over one little universe, and start thinking they can get out of paying their Library fines..."). Plus, Student Health Service may be erratic, but it does include ressurection for all students and staff members, so killing your enemies won't do you any good in the long run...

And if the PCs are too prone to overkill, present them with damage claims and "patent fees" from the university. The 10% cut that the ArchDean gets on everything is only the lower limit...

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Oni said:
That is to say could you have a world where you could have a party with a vampire, a robot, a school girl with magic powers, and a knight

Cut the knight and add in a god sharing a body with a human, Toad from Xmen, an ex-demon, an artifact turned into a human child to hide it, a regular guy, a stuffy British ex-gang member/loremaster who works for a secret organization, a small army of demon monks, and a human fighting superhero, and you've got the final battle in Buffy Season 5. (IMHO the greatest fantasy-genre battle in TV history)

Pbartender

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:

What this means in practice is that you shouldn't be caught on campus with antimatter. Of course, you can either try to hide it (and blame the resulting explosions on someone else, usually W.U.S.E. students), or do your research elsewhere on field trips. The university administration couldn't care less if you did your antimatter experiments in, say, Kansas - and teleportation spells or devices are easily available on campus that can get you there (this says nothing about their reliability, however...).

Come to think of it, the IOU Industrial Park outside of the campus will probably work as well.

I'm not really joking. My username is Pbar-tender for a reason. Half of what I get paid for is making the stuff.

We usually hide our antimatter in a ring of magnets about a quarter mile in circumference. That storage ring doesn't hold much more than a billionth of a spoonful, and it takes the better part of a day to collect even that much. Tricky, expensive stuff, antimatter is.

Remove ads