• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Apart from all worlds.

Douane

First Post
Shayuri said:
Vela chuckles and gestures towards the car.

"It's a bit late to worry about attracting attention."
"What?!" Turning around, Keane checks what the rest of their team was doing and then slapped his forehead in exasperation. "Man, this is worse than a kindergarden class."

Having shovelled the last earth in and onto the grave, he places Jacob's boots on the mound and provides the dead man with his final "epitaph" after setting a tiny carving of the ranger next to the boots. "Sucks to be you, Jacob."

Once he has returned the folding spade to its proper pace under the backpack and brushed the dirt off, Keane stretches his muscles a bit as he walks into new adventures.

"Alright, boys and girls. Anyone care to tell me what the hell is going on here? Itching for a sight-seeing tour?"

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
An awkward moment followed the departure of the car, which was only destroyed by Kaene's question.

Pale Jaguar turned to Kaene then said, "El no nos entenda.. (He doesn't understand us.)"

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Jacques addresses the others in english while putting a hand on Jaguar's shoulder. "It seems our young friend here haven't seen a car ever before. I think she thought we might be able to get a ride. I already explained that it isn't such a good idea."

Douane

First Post
Once again Keane bemoans the language difficulties in keeping this little group together as he has to rely on Jacques to translate his words.

"Good call on that, Frenchy. Any city would be mean problems right now, one where we don't understand nothing double so. And that's exactly why staying out of this one is a perfectly viable choice - especially if you think about it a bit. Stripey doesn't exactly blend into a crowd - pardon the pun - and both the Princess and Frenchy look strange enough to call a lot of attention to us. And attention means trouble.

Not to mention that I'm not only a living weapon, I also look the part. How long do you figure, Brainiac, before the police or worse would be on our case?"

Shayuri

First Post
"We should leave this road," Vela suggests. "If we can find a depression, canyon or ravine, we can go to the bottom and light a fire without attracting attention."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"About 15 minutes less than if we stay on this road metal head. In case you forgot, we were just announced. I'm telling you what I need to look into this remote, you give me what you can."

Douane

First Post
"Never had any psychology courses, eh?" Keane grinned. "Right now we're just some weirdos standing in a field. Even if the guy reports us to any authorities - and it's still rather debatable if he really would - odds are good that he'll be simply laughed off for shooting back a few too much. Plus we are not walking around in anyone's precious city: no proof - no trouble - no report to write. And thus we'll go with whatever Stripey can find us.

Not really an outdoors-person, are you?"

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Pale Jaguar quietly listened to Jacque's translation then asked him for the meaning of several specific words which she heard the others say. After Jacques finished translating before stating, "We hide in the dirt or in the city... no matter what, we will need to eat later today...."

OoC: Pale Jaguar used the English word for City instead of the Spanish one.

Last edited:

Remove ads