• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aquaman Actor to play Ollie in Smallville

KaosDevice

Explorer
Green Arrow is one of my favorite DC characters (just after Batman and The Question), I look forward to seeing what they do with him.

Ranger REG

Explorer
KaosDevice said:
Green Arrow is one of my favorite DC characters (just after Batman and The Question), I look forward to seeing what they do with him.
Considering he's pre-Green Arrow, probably a womanizing debonair playboy in the same league as Lex Luthor, though less ambitious. Wouldn't be surprised he'll act like a rival jerk toward the farmboy.

I'm only familiar with the Silver Age version of Green Arrow (through his matchup with Green Lantern and then picking up sidekick Speedy). I don't recall much of the "Longbowman" version, which he supposedly use real arrows.

Klaus

First Post
From what I've read on CBR, this Oliver Queen is already past the playboy thing, but still has the $ (i.e. early Green Arrow), and is looking to form the JLA. Were he a pre-island Oliver, he'd be nowhere near wanting to be a hero.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Klaus said:
From what I've read on CBR, this Oliver Queen is already past the playboy thing, but still has the $ (i.e. early Green Arrow), and is looking to form the JLA. Were he a pre-island Oliver, he'd be nowhere near wanting to be a hero.
So what would be his motivation, hopefully not ripping off from Batman origin?

And isn't Booster Gold supposed to be the one to help financed the JLA?

Vigilance

Explorer
Also, they need someone rich to help fund the JLA but Smallville isn't permitted by WB to use Batman.

So they're using a rich Green Arrow to fill the Batman role.

Chuck

Vigilance

Explorer
Gough and Millar told Wizard magazine about their ideas for a pre-Batman Bruce Wayne who was drinking too much, and an old prep school buddy of Lex coming to Smallville, where Clark helped him straighten out a bit and move away from being like Lex.

Sounded cool as heck, and WB said no.

Chuck

Remove ads