• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arabian Adventures... would you buy it?

Would you buy a Arabian Adventures book?

• I'd buy an Arabian adventures themed book in a heart beat

Votes: 40 24.2%
  • I have no interest in an Arabian adventures book

Votes: 35 21.2%
  • I'm really interested, but it would depend on the author and the publisher

Votes: 90 54.5%

Olive

Explorer
Teflon Billy said:
I would prefer a full campaign setting to something like OA though. The value of Al Qadim was (to me) in the "fluff".

fair enough. What about if Wizards did what some people suggested, and released an OA style book withlots of options, and then licensed off the Al-Quadim/Zakhara stuff and soem other company did it?

I guess thats unlikely given that it was set in the Realms, but you can hope!

Meds

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
The value of Al Qadim was (to me) in the "fluff".
Yeah, spot on, Teflon: it was all about the fluff. 'City of Delights' in particular just blew me away, and it didn't matter that it wasn't in the game system I was running.

With the AQ ESDs available, it makes a heavy-fluff, low-crunch Arabian d20 product a tougher sell (at least to me).

Staffan

Legend
Teflon Billy said:
I would prefer a full campaign setting to something like OA though. The value of Al Qadim was (to me) in the "fluff".
Remember that the OA model was used for AQ back in 2e too: one rulebook (Arabian Adventures) with some setting info here and there, and one setting box (Land of Fate) with lots and lots of fluff.

Redleg06

First Post
I would like it, but I would want it to contain BOTH high-fantasy stuff as well as some historical stuff.

You know for folks who want to go questing for The Holy Grail, or drive the Infidels from Jerusalem, as well as Ali-Babba n' stuff.

Vocenoctum

First Post
I would love it, Al Qadim was great. At the same time though, I don't want a setting based on real world stuff. It's just not worth it for me. I'd prefer a magical setting.

Greyhawk isn't Europe after all, nor Rokugan Japan, so I would prefer something equally removed while maintaining the feel of Arabian Adventures.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Redleg06 said:
I would like it, but I would want it to contain BOTH high-fantasy stuff as well as some historical stuff.

You know for folks who want to go questing for The Holy Grail, or drive the Infidels from Jerusalem, as well as Ali-Babba n' stuff.

I've been doing quite a bit of work on historical Qahira (Cairo) and Jerusalem [as well as the fFatimid Caliphate as a whole] for an upcoming Earth1066 product. It will also include info on The Byzantine Empire, Venice, the Seljuk Empire, and other Mediterranean states. Historical foundation and inspiration, mixed with fantasy and fiction.

Last edited:

Arnwyn

First Post
No, I wouldn't.

But that's only because I've already converted all my Arabian Adventures and Al-Qadim stuff to 3e already.

Al-Qadim was one of the best settings created.

Allistair

First Post
Ahab th Arab Wooohoooo!

I would also love to see an OA version of this. But let's pick a new setting that isn't tied to the Realms and go the Rokugan route.
I would also like to see magical variations of Earth counterparts, especially Egyptian, Sumerian, etc., and Lawrence or Arabia:D

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
If you can wing the d20 rules stuff, you could always buy GURPS Arabian Nights - most of it is real-world Arabian history and advice on how to run adventures with an "Arabian Nights" flavor - and it is very good advice...

But it - it works great as a compementary sourcebook to "Arabian Adventures"!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads