Arcana of The Ancients: 5E Sci-Fantasy From Monte Cook Games Launches On KS

Monte Cook Games' 5E "Science Fantasy Sourcebook", Arcana of the Ancients, has launched on Kickstarter.

a85679dec8265e58ed2e2efe15e18765_original.jpg

"Arcana of the Ancients is a sourcebook for 5th edition players and GMs to bring the wonders of mysterious technology and weird science-fantasy elements to their traditional fantasy campaigns. Designed by Monte Cook, Bruce R. Cordell, and Sean K. Reynolds, all of whom have years of professional design experience working on the world's most popular roleplaying game, this gorgeously illustrated hardcover sourcebook gives you everything you need to add a whole new element to your 5E game."

It's $50 for the hardcover, or $20 for the PDF. If you want to play Numenera with the 5E rules, this looks like the way you'd do that.

Is that you, Charles? :)
This one is a Darcy! Charles was disintegrated by some strange glowing light, it's a darn shame. :)

Some info:
Add-ons: The add-on info is now up on the main page!

If you'd like to get all the PDFs + the corebook in print, simply back at the EVERY PDF! level and add $50 to your pledge. After the Kickstarter closes, we'll ask you in BackerKit which add-ons the extra funds go toward.

Page count: While we won't announce an official page count, you can expect it to be comparable to our other books around that price range, which tend to be in the mid-200s of pages.

Stretch goals: Our Kickstarters tend to be really dynamic, and we love getting to listen and respond to what folks are asking for. We definitely have some ideas up our sleeves, and we will announce upon funding (which could be soon).

I hope that helps, folks! You rock.

dave2008

Legend
I'd like to back the project for the hardcover & pdf, plus all the PDF stretch goals. I don't want print copies of the stretch goals. There doesn't seem to be a tier for that, or any add-ons.

Every PDF tier gets you every PDF, then there is a print ADD ON. So $115 gets you all PDFs and the print copy of the core book only.

I'm in! Been waiting for this to start. I am on hiatus from 5E but this book's release will suck me back.

I will probably get the higher "want it all" tier when I see what that entails.

TrickyUK

Explorer
$20 for the Core book on PDF and $60 for Core + stretch goals. So that would suggest that there are least $40 worth of additional content already planned. The problem here is a little chicken and egg - if I knew what the stretch goals were, I may choose the higher pledge, but not revealing stretch goals until a certain amount of funding has been reached means I'm going to sit on the fence until I think that the additional $40 is worth it. But, by pledging less, the stretch goals aren't revealed. My preference would be to see a few stretch goals at launch, at least enough to entice me to choose a pledge that presumes stretch goals will be reached.

However, I'm sure that once the campaign really picks up, there will be plenty of funding, so in reality this won't be an issue for too long.

jhilahd

Explorer
I'd like to back the project for the hardcover & pdf, plus all the PDF stretch goals. I don't want print copies of the stretch goals. There doesn't seem to be a tier for that, or any add-ons.

This is a "me too". Even though I caved in for just the hardcover and pdf.

Reynard

Legend
As I understand it, the stretch goal thing is pretty standard for MCG Kickstarters.

Anyone who backed, say, the Numenera at "all in" level before knowing what the stretch goals would be: in the end was it worth it? Thanks!

(I am definitely backing this, but I am debating on how deep to go.)

Reynard

Legend
This one is a Darcy! Charles was disintegrated by some strange glowing light, it's a darn shame. :)

Some info:
Add-ons: The add-on info is now up on the main page!

If you'd like to get all the PDFs + the corebook in print, simply back at the EVERY PDF! level and add $50 to your pledge. After the Kickstarter closes, we'll ask you in BackerKit which add-ons the extra funds go toward.

Page count: While we won't announce an official page count, you can expect it to be comparable to our other books around that price range, which tend to be in the mid-200s of pages.

Stretch goals: Our Kickstarters tend to be really dynamic, and we love getting to listen and respond to what folks are asking for. We definitely have some ideas up our sleeves, and we will announce upon funding (which could be soon).

I hope that helps, folks! You rock.

I have a question I have not seen answered anywhere yte: is this an OGL book, or is there a special license for it. I am super excited about it, but as a writer and designer I am even more excited about the possibility of science fantasy OGL rules from MCG. Obviously no Numenera IP would be Open Content.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter

Same here. In the absence of that, I just went with the physical books, hoping to get the extra PDFs as add-ons.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases