Are Loremaster and Divine Oracle good for cloistered clerics?

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
I'm considering playing a cloistered cleric in an upcoming game, and was wondering if Loremaster would be a good Prestige Class to aim for.

I'm also considering taking some Divine Oracle levels also, and was wondering about synergy there. Would this fit in for a sage-like character in your opinion?

Finally, does the caster level increase to divination spells from the Knowledge Domain and the Oracle Domain stack? I would say yes, but I wondering what the common opinion was.

Thanks in advance.

EyeontheMountain

First Post
Well, considering the derth of full-casting PRCs for cleric, they are all good ;)

Yes, I think loremaster fits the cloistered cleric well, but I would not take it. I think the cloistered cleric is better. Mainly becasue I am a bardic lore fanboy, and the feat prerequisites for loremaster are rather steep. I would go with divine feats instead.

The oracle is more interesting, especially becasue of the new domains. Those are as good as feats themselves and I would be tempted.

As for the two domains stacking, I would say they would, as long as they are not the same named bonus.

nittanytbone

First Post
If you go divine oracale, its nice to get your REF save higher and get heavy armor prof so that you can get the best usage out of Prescient Sense.

A 1-2 level Ruathor dip is good for boosting your REF save (no lost caster levels, easy to get into, and good skills, to boot); Seeker of the Misty Isle can work too, but is tougher to get into.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Hmm, I think you might be right about Loremaster, Eyeonthemountain. One reason I considered it was that I'd still get to improve my Lore ability while taking these levels, and the skill points wouldn't be too bad.

Thanks for the advice regarding the stackability of the two abilities. I might be out-divining the wizard diviner. :)

---
Great tip, nittanytbone. There is an elf fighter in the party, so that should help in that regard to Rauthor, but since my PC isn't an elf or half-elf Seeker of the Misty Isle is a no-go. Good suggestion, though! I may change my race, but for now human seems best.

Remove ads