• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

are u guys killing farm animals?

Wycen

Explorer
We started a Monday night Runequest game, using the new Mongoose Publishing books.

We needed to find a chest stolen by some trollkin and return it to our caravan. After our second trip into the cave we discovered the cow they were using for cover in our first battle had been hung from the ceiling, filled with lamp oil, and setup as a trap, which cleverly didn't catch us off guard.

Arc

First Post
As far as joke encounters with wildlife go, I think I've got the best/worst. Mind you, this was around the time the meme was taking off, so it was decently well received.

The party is traveling through a forest, and runs into two dire badgers, which they dispatch easily. Later that day, they encounter a small myconid colony, which they also take care of. I can see the smiles on a few players.

The next day, the party is ambushed as they pass by a small cave. One of the players asks me what attacked them, and I respond

"Snake! Snake! Oh it's a snake!"

I got hit with a lot of dice after that (and the naga I threw at them managed to take out one of the party).

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Nightfall said:
Speak with animals, yet another hippie spell that no one wants to admit using! ;)

I recently read the following exchange between a small boy and the attorney questioning him on the stand. Basically the lawyer was trying to establish that the child didn't know the difference between reality and fantasy.

Attorney: Do dogs talk?

Boy: Of course.

A: And what do dogs say?

B: I don't know, I don't speak dog

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
One memorable Living Greyhawk encounter from a few years ago featured a farm that had been distorted by the forces of evil. I heard that the PCs ran screaming from a coop full of corrupted chickens.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads