Have you DMd a game?

• I have DM’d a game

Votes: 252 99.6%
  • I have never DM’d a game

Votes: 1 0.4%

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
200 yes and 0 no?

Pfft, definitely the community. When I moved states last year, I began scrounging for players in a small city setting. Tons of players, extremely few DMs, and amongst those, very few who made the game enjoyable. "For many are called, but few are chosen." Knights of the Dinner Table, Bible.

GSHamster

Adventurer
One swallow does not a summer make, nor one fine day.

I think a lot of people DM a game to find out if they want to be a DM.

But even for those people, there's a period of time before they DM that first game, which might even be a couple of years long. Like this poll is showing that no one comes to EN World in their pre-DM period, only in a post-DM period.

TheSword

Legend
But even for those people, there's a period of time before they DM that first game, which might even be a couple of years long. Like this poll is showing that no one comes to EN World in their pre-DM period, only in a post-DM period.
Isn’t there a crazy stat though, where EN World gets hundreds of thousands of unique impressions. There are 212 votes here. DMs mag post but I reckon plenty of others read.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Isn’t there a crazy stat though, where EN World gets hundreds of thousands of unique impressions. There are 212 votes here. DMs mag post but I reckon plenty of others read.
Most of those 'unique impressions', going by what @Morrus has said in the past, come from people stopping by to read the news page.

Probably the only way to get more eyes on (and thus people involved in) the forums would be to set the site up such that the news page could only be accessed through the forums or community page, meaning everyone coming here would have no choice but to see the forum; but that would somewhat defeat the purpose of this being a news-first site.

Remove ads