D&D General Are you jumping ship? What will you be switching to?

What system will you switch to?

• Pathfinder

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Fantasy AGE

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • The One Ring

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Dungeon World/PbtA

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • FATE

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Cortex

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Genesys

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Cypher

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 100 70.4%
  • SotDL/SotWW

Votes: 12 8.5%

How are you liking Spire? I love the setting (how could one not?) but I haven't messed with the system yet. I've been really into running FitD so in theory I'd like the Resistance system, but something about it doesn't quite click in my head.
For me and my main group, it works infinitely better than BitD did, like it's incredibly smooth, but I will say, when I read it, it sounded kind dumb/annoying, and I'm glad I decided to actually play a game with it before trying to modify any rules or anything.

Remathilis

Legend
I don't know.

Saturday is game night. We are about to start Spelljammer and are in the middle of Ravenloft. I feel no qualms about running either (they're bought and paid for). Assuming our current schedule, that will easily take us to 2024 or even 25.

After that, I don't know what happens. Two years is a long time to make plans for. My original plan was for Planescape, probably with 1D&D. I would love WotC to give me a reason to do that. I don't like Pathfinder 2e, and I'm not keen so far on any of the potential heirs to the throne. Moreover, a huge selling point for me was the backwards compatibility 1D&D promised. I'm not looking to start a new collection of books that aren't compatible with 5e. There isn't going to be a Pathfinder 1e scenario where I only replace a few books and continue to use my old stuff in tandem. It's starting over. Again.

I'm not sure I want to.

Maybe my group will be content with sticking with 5e. Maybe it's sunset and I hang up my dice bag. Maybe someone clones/Pathfinder's 5e. Or maybe WotC pulls its head out of its Kiester and 1D&D becomes an option again.

Until then, I got two games to play and I'll make the most of them.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I'm running a major campaign in 5e (Dungeons of drakkenheim) - it's going well, it's great material, so I would not give that up... buuuuut that's probably going to be the last one.

After that? the most likely system I would use are Troika!, the GLOG or warhammer frpg 2e

Redwizard007

Adventurer
I'm running a major campaign in 5e (Dungeons of drakkenheim) - it's going well, it's great material, so I would not give that up... buuuuut that's probably going to be the last one.

After that? the most likely system I would use are Troika!, the GLOG or warhammer frpg 2e
Is Drakkenheim as good as it looks? Those Canadian fellas have one of my favorite YT channels and I've been tempted to grab the setting

I refuse to let some corporate suit ruin my enjoyment of D&D.

I currently have 3 active 5E D&D campaigns running.

Within the last few years I've played Shadow of the Demon Lord, Night's Black Agents, Star Wars D6, and Marvel Heroic Roleplaying. I have a Twilight: 2000 campaign kicking off this spring. After that I'm planning to try out 13th Age.

On my shelf are even more games I can't wait to crack open: Scum & Villainy, FFG Star Wars, Swords of the Serpentine, Timewatch, etc.

And I intend to keep playing lots and lots of D&D.

You can't kill rock and roll!

Matt Thomason

Adventurer
I already jumped ship a while ago when I realized I have a preference nowadays for much simpler rulesets such as Mutant: Year Zero, or the Vortex system used in C7's Doctor Who RPG.

I did still keep buying the occasional 5e book and playing the occasional game just to keep a hand in, but if the public statement from WotC echoes the leak I'll not be buying any more. Their actions have threatened my own livelihood , which means I'm taking this whole OGL thing pretty personally (obviously I understand why anyone for whom this is not personal doesn't feel as strongly about it as I do :) )

Remove ads