D&D 5E Are you permanently using any UA material in your games?

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
The one that became the Order of Scribes wizard? I would be very wary of that, I noticed it was potentially game-breaking in its original form.
That's the one. It seems fine though, and it's always a case where we make changes as needed so no worries there.

I still have a player asking for us to let him use mystic (I am not inclined to say yes)
ironicly he also wants to do the scribe...
See for me that would be my one hard no from UA (outside of some things where there is now an official version). I had enough trouble knowing how to DM for a whole new character class I had never played or been interested in when I let a player be a Blood Hunter. The UA for the Mystic is 28 pages long. Either the DM has to be super into it or the player has to be someone who is really good with rules and policing themselves, because the normal back and forth between DM and player that generally enforces class mechanics at every table I've been at just would not function with the Mystic.

See for me that would be my one hard no from UA (outside of some things where there is now an official version). I had enough trouble knowing how to DM for a whole new character class I had never played or been interested in when I let a player be a Blood Hunter. The UA for the Mystic is 28 pages long. Either the DM has to be super into it or the player has to be someone who is really good with rules and policing themselves, because the normal back and forth between DM and player that generally enforces class mechanics at every table I've been at just would not function with the Mystic.

we playtested every version of psionics including the mystic... it was not easy and i agree it is overpowered

Remove ads