D&D General Are You Seriously Planning to Stop Playing and/or Running D&D Over The Recent OGL Developments?

Are You Seriously Planning to Stop Playing and/or Running D&D Over he Recent OGL Developments?

• Yes

Votes: 95 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 122 56.2%

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I don't know if we'll stop playing D&D, but based on my conversations with my group yesterday, not buying anymore WotC stuff is definitely on the table.

I'm going to continue to use 5E for my current campaign (it's on 12th level and planned out to 20th). After it's done my players and I will discuss. We may continue to use the current 5E ruleset, but will not buy any additional WOTC books. That said I have a small mountain (a lonely one no less) of 3rd party books that I can and do use.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Looks like I’m the lone dissenter here.

While my enthusiasm for D&D has been dampened, I intend to continue to run and play 5e and will continue to purchase the 5e books I like (or receive them as gifts). I am also open to giving 1D&D a look when it is finished.

I am not intending to cancel my DDB subscription at this time.

I will also go see the movie and probably watch the TV show.

I have never been much of a 3PP supporter and this is unlikely to change going forward.

Yes, I do feel some guilt about my position but not enough to change it.
Heh... you aren't actually alone. And in fact, I'll go even one step further:

I do not feel any guilt.

I'd stopped running for a while to run Spire, but was gearing up to run a Shadow of the Dragon Lords campaign, because I'm a sucker for certain aspects of Krynn (including Knights of Solamnia). But like, I really don't want to give WotC money right now, so no thanks.

Playing-wise I will continue but all the DMs I play D&D with like 3PP stuff so we'll see how they feel (indeed two of the campaigns are 3PP campaigns).

Instead of Shadow I bought a copy of ENworld's own A5E last night to take a look at that, some really good ideas, WotC should have got you guys to work on 1D&D frankly.

Heh... you aren't actually alone. And in fact, I'll go even one step further:

I do not feel any guilt.
Honestly it would be weirder if you did feel guilt and yet were doing it so there's that! :)

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
Looks like I’m the lone dissenter here.

While my enthusiasm for D&D has been dampened, I intend to continue to run and play 5e and will continue to purchase the 5e books I like (or receive them as gifts). I am also open to giving 1D&D a look when it is finished.

I am not intending to cancel my DDB subscription at this time.

I will also go see the movie and probably watch the TV show.

I have never been much of a 3PP supporter and this is unlikely to change going forward.

Yes, I do feel some guilt about my position but not enough to change it.
You aren’t alone. I’ve posted in a couple of places that I will be sticking with 5e and trucking along as usual, seeing what OneD&D is like and buying any books that interest me.

Riley

Legend
Whatever RPG I play is ‘Dungeons & Dragons’…. It’s like people who drink an ‘orange Coke’.

Most likely, I’ll be playing something in the 5e mold, and/or something in the BX/1e/2e mold.

Whether or not I buy many new Wizards products is another matter, yet TBD.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases