D&D 5E Are you sick of the Swordcoast?

Are you sick of the Swordcoast

Coroc

Hero
No, stay with the Sword Coast. Leave the rest of the sandbox for the rest of us. Or better yet, re-do Greyhawk. Yeah, Greyhawk is where all the official 5E products should be set! Definitely.
No, please do not ruin Greyhawk :p
Really, stay with FR it makes everyone more happy, those modern players who need all their dragonborn and drow and tiefling pcs around, and the older grognards, because their fallback would be to use the grey box for FR or eventually the 3e stuff.
No additional stuff needed for Greyhawk, you can only ruin it, it is not compatible to modern D&D RPG principles because it did not make the same evolution as FR and instead requires thoughtful grognard conversions for 5e instead of maximum shoehorning.

I want an updated Greyhawk. I want new maps. I want to see where are Dragonborn coming from in Greyhawk. I want to see what happens in the South Province. Did Furyondy removed Iuz? Did the Horned Society made a return?

pukunui

Legend
As much as I would love them to redo the 3e FRCS for 5e, I'd also love it if they'd do more mini-gazetteers like the ones that came with Legacy of the Crystal Shard (for Icewind Dale) and Murder in Baldur's Gate (for Baldur's Gate). The latter got re-updated in Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus, and parts of the former were included in Storm King's Thunder. I really liked those products and would have liked to see more of them.

That said, this year I'm going to be running the Greek-inspired Odyssey of the Dragonlords for one of my groups, and I am hoping to finish up SKT and maybe move on to ToA (without the death curse) for my other group, so I don't particularly need any more FR content. It would just be nice / fun to read.

I'd also be happy with a 5e Dark Sun setting book. Don't particularly care for Greyhawk or Spelljammer. Planescape would be OK but otherwise I'd prefer a brand new setting. (MtG planes as D&D worlds don't count, in that respect.)

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
Yes, I’ve been sick of the Sword Coast for some years now. It’s the least interesting part of the least interesting setting in D&D, at least in my opinion.

Give me Dark Sun. If not that, then at least give me something for the Sea of Fallen Stars!

Last edited:

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Yup, sick of the sword coast. If we're going to be forcefed the FR, let's at least get to see some of the more interesting areas.

reelo

Hero
This.
fa7cf23e201dab2ffe75b5b0b1d745a2.jpg

akr71

Hero
No, stay with the Sword Coast. Leave the rest of the sandbox for the rest of us. Or better yet, re-do Greyhawk. Yeah, Greyhawk is where all the official 5E products should be set! Definitely.

This is exactly why I set my current sandbox campaign in Cormyr. There is lots of lore and info for me to mine, but its all old which means I have a solid foundation to build my own nonsense on top of. Also, if I don't like what's there, I scrap it and my players are none, the wiser. Its not that I love the Realms - in fact I've never read a FR novel. Its just that it is D&D Vanilla in my opinion and I can add the toppings I want from there.

For me, Greyhawk would be cool for nostalgic reasons.

Remove ads