D&D 5E Are you sick of the Swordcoast?

Are you sick of the Swordcoast

Wiseblood

Adventurer
I am not tired of any setting really. I just received the 5e Eberron setting book and I like it quite a lot....but.

I feel like setting books since WotC took over are too novelized. (Or too dry like a textbook I’m not quite sure) 200+ pages that I don’t want to read. I would honestly prefer a setting book in the 16-32 page range. FWIW the Expert Rulebook from BECMI is as close to perfect as I have seen.

The Greyhawk Gazeteer was a good size but it lacked a few things namely a couple of decent functional maps. Also some important or unimportant NPC’s.

If they happen to make a book like that for any locale and setting I am likely to buy it. (But I am a grognard not a publisher so what do I know?)

gyor

Legend
I am not tired of any setting really. I just received the 5e Eberron setting book and I like it quite a lot....but.

I feel like setting books since WotC took over are too novelized. (Or too dry like a textbook I’m not quite sure) 200+ pages that I don’t want to read. I would honestly prefer a setting book in the 16-32 page range. FWIW the Expert Rulebook from BECMI is as close to perfect as I have seen.

The Greyhawk Gazeteer was a good size but it lacked a few things namely a couple of decent functional maps. Also some important or unimportant NPC’s.

If they happen to make a book like that for any locale and setting I am likely to buy it. (But I am a grognard not a publisher so what do I know?)

An MtG setting would be fine fir 16 to 32 pages, but you couldn't most traditional D&D settings properly in that few pages, they are too big with too much ground to cover.

Shiroiken

Legend
While I'm a Greyhawk fan myself, our other DM is a Realms fan. He's sick to death of the Sword Coast, and really wants an update on the state of the rest of the Realms after the Sundering. While the Dalelands is his preference, he's knowledgeable about most of the Ralms, from Kara-Tur to Mazteca, all the way down to the Shining South. Yet outside of a few novels, almost nothing is know about them during the 5E timeline.

It's things like this that make me glad that WotC has mostly ignored Greyhawk. I can hold my Gygaxian view without players becoming confused :cool:

Remove ads