• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arggghhh!!! Why didn'y anybody mention the Two Towers special that was on TV!!

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
I caught the last 45 minutes of the Two Towers special on one of the local channels here. Why didn't anybody here say anything about Return to Middle Earth. Cause man I would have ticked had I missed the whole thing. I mean it showed how the battle was filmed, stuff about Merry and Pippen, things on Frodo and Sam. It did show Treebeards face and all and...

the wargs. Very cool. Kind of reminded me of hyenas. Very cool scene with Legolas pegging an orc from about 200 hundred yards.

And you guys didn't even tell me it was going to be on.:confused:

Well, what station was it on? If it was Sci-fi, they're likely to reshow it, at least, which means we can catch it later, if people see the ads and tell us.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I just happen to catch it in time but my computer was tied up and I couldn't post. It was worthwhile and I'm sure it will show up on the DVD or maybe even be aired again at some odd time. Here's the online TV Guide blurb for it-

Return to Middle-Earth
60 min.
“Smallville” star Michael Rosenbaum hosts this preview of the film “The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers,” which includes interviews with cast members.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Well, the good news is that we don't have to see a Dawson's Creek episode this week. :p The bad news is no new Birds of Prey episode. :(

As for advanced notification, I thought everybody knew about the special.

Last edited:

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
If you missed the special, you didn't miss much. It wasn't put together very well; mostly a random pasting of bits and interviews, interspersed with some footage of TTT.

If you've watched the LOTR:FOTR SE special features in their entirety, you've seen about 1/3 of the special.

Best parts of the special were the bits with Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan clowning around, and Viggo Mortensen talking about the hell that was the filming of Helm's Deep (4 months of night shooting).

13 days till the movie comes out!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads