D&D General Art that exemplifies D&D to you.

@Fenris-77
When a player asks me what it looks like when a horde of infernal fire locusts swarms a small warband on the outskirts of a village in mephisto's layer
the-Eastern-Empire-72-.jpg

When those same players decide to take a trip to the far planes. More specifically, when they arrive and upon asking me to describe what ecology and environment the surroundings they have are anologous to in the prime material plane, i tell them "flowering meadow" and before they can react i spin my pc screen around so they see this sort of thing 😹
08be27dfd9935131ac3844c1564ef54c.jpg

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
@Fenris-77
When a player asks me what it looks like when a horde of infernal fire locusts swarms a small warband on the outskirts of a village in mephisto's layerView attachment 121007
Factually correct. The first time I opened WFRP, the big orange hardback, the art was a revelation. It was sooooo cool. So was the setting for that matter, the darkness and despair (in both) felt very different from the sometimes four colour world of D&D at the time. Or at least that's how it felt to me. Definitely a formative influence on fantasy generally for me, and thus my experience of D&D.

Factually correct. The first time I opened WFRP, the big orange hardback, the art was a revelation. It was sooooo cool. So was the setting for that matter, the darkness and despair (in both) felt very different from the sometimes four colour world of D&D at the time. Or at least that's how it felt to me. Definitely a formative influence on fantasy generally for me, and thus my experience of D&D.
Totally math nerdy side note, but, four coloring is really fun. Have you ever just sat down and four colored some things?

Back on topic, imo, cosmicly pitch dark d&d=best d&d

Remove ads