D&D 5E Artificer, first class since PHB. Your expectations?

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Artificer is already out, there is no voting it over Psion, that ship has already sailed.
Much to my lament and the angst of some others... :(

Artificer is a class unlikely to ever see play IMO at our table, and certainly a class I will never play, but for the people who want it--enjoy.

The Psion, on the other hand, would have been a nice edition that I would have enjoyed reviewing and hopefully playing.

Vael

Legend
I won't lament the issue, Artificers rock, but I do want Psions. Second only to playing an Artificer, the next Eberron PC I want to play is a Kalashtar Psion.

I wouldn't be surprised we get another UA about the Psion sometime this year. After the feedback was clearer that the Psion should be more focused and not require having mechanics too far from the more familiar rules of the PHB.

The psionic powers will come back, but the question is about other classes as soulknife, psychic warrior, lurker, ardent or wilder. I am afraid someone will become subclass.

My suggestion is to hire staff by Dreamscarred Press because there published good books about psionic powers, akasha magic and martial adepts for Pathfinder. Wouldn't you like the aegis as D&D psionic class?

* Do you remember the prestige class fleshwarper from "Lord of Madness"? I wonder about an artificer subclass who craft living machines, biopunk or organic technology. There was something like this not only in the ancient halfling civilization from Dark Sun but also in Spelljammer, or special "job" for tinker gnomes in Dragonlance 3.5

The psionic powers will come back, but the question is about other classes as soulknife, psychic warrior, lurker, ardent or wilder. I am afraid someone will become subclass.

IIRC, it's some combination of both, making stuff like Psychic Warrior and Soul Knife subclasses, while still making a Psion class.

Think Wizards and Eldritch Knights/Arcane Tricksters.

Remove ads