Artificer UA to be released in February

I don't think there is a bunker strong enough to endure the fanbase exploding over this.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
thanks for your clarifications.

In the future, if you wish to discuss something a moderator writes in colored text, please take it to e-mail or PM, rather than discuss in thread, thank you. I will make an exception for this post, but no farther.

I hope you and Morrus will keep consistently writing the same things, in MOD or ADMIN mode, to anyone who routinely writes that everything wotc does is utterly perfect....

1) Nobody does that, just so you know. That "utterly perfect" thing is an overstatement of dug in positions. I wouldn't take it that you think WotC is "utter trash" either, unless I see you say that explicitly, so I suggest you extend similar benefit of the doubt.

2) We don't generally spend energy hunting down either positive or negative statements. When they get to be enough that people start reporting posts, and we see a bothersome pattern, then we may comment.

3) Just so you know, as a practical matter, consistently negative positions are more of an issue, due to human psychology. If all one has to say is negative stuff, and one finds people don't agree with, then there's a strong tendency to up the ante, over and over, to the point of hyperbole and insult. A consistently positive position does not usually have the same pitfalls, and so is less problematic.

3a) It also tends to lead to being snarky at moderators. Morrus does not feel we need to put up with that, so take care.

Which means, while thoughtful critique is always welcome, we suggest folks avoid general trash-talking. If nothing else, a poster are apt to get more out of discussing a game you actually like, or something that interests you in a constructive way, rather than spending time trying to tear something down.

the amazing thing for me is that you supposed that I write those things here in the hope wotc could be influenced by them

Nope. That was a general statement. *Some people* think that. It is pretty common. But not stipulating *you* think that. I may be responding to your post, but not everything in my response is all about you, personally.

But, if you don't think that, then there's a (entirely rhetorical) question to be asked of why bother beating the drum so often that folks notice? Ask yourself what you intend to get out of it, and whether that's a worthwhile pursuit.

And that's all I have to say on the matter here. Any further discussion can be taken to PM. Thanks for your time and attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
UA articles are normally released the second Monday of the month, sometimes the third, but Crawford tweeted last Monday (the second Monday of the month) that it would come out the last week of the month, instead of the usual time. To me, that means on the 25th, so no one freak out tomorrow when it does not release.

Worth noting that today is a Holiday, too.

D

DQDesign

In the future, if you wish to discuss something a moderator writes in colored text, please take it to e-mail or PM, rather than discuss in thread, thank you. I will make an exception for this post, but no farther.

Any further discussion can be taken to PM. Thanks for your time and attention.

thanks for your offer, but no.
if I can't defend myself in a public way, it is time for me to leave.
please, give to me the 'the contact details of the data protection officer' of this website according to eu Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament, I was not able to find them here http://www.enworld.org/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_privacy

I would like to take contact with her in order to exert my rights according to the said regulation.

thanks again.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
if I can't defend myself in a public way, it is time for me to leave.

You were not under attack.. This was a discussion of policy and local mores for your understanding, not a round of accusations or prelude to discipline. There should be no need to 'defend yourself'.

I would like to take contact with her in order to exert my rights according to the said regulation.

It is my understanding that we do not work with personal information in a way that needs a dedicated officer. You can reach out to Morrus, who owns the site, if you have any questions.

D

DQDesign

You were not under attack.. This was a discussion of policy and local mores for your understanding, not a round of accusations or prelude to discipline. There should be no need to 'defend yourself'.

It is my understanding that we do not work with personal information in a way that needs a dedicated officer. You can reach out to Morrus, who owns the site, if you have any questions.

ok, thank you for your support. I'll cancel my account using the link provided in the page I cited above.
thanks again.

A

André Soares

(Trying to bring the thread back to the topic)

What do you expect from this UA?

I want an Artificer the hits clser to home in relation to Eberron's lore and theme. No guns is a great start.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
(Trying to bring the thread back to the topic)

What do you expect from this UA?

I want an Artificer the hits clser to home in relation to Eberron's lore and theme. No guns is a great start.

I'm with you on this. I want the class to keep a good distance with anything steampunk: no robot, gun, mech-armor and such. Most of the 3PP takes on the class includes those elements and clash with the thematic behind the rest of the PHB classes, so I'd prefer a class that would fit next to, say, a barbarian or a druid.

Remove ads

Remove ads