Who would win in an all out brall

• Asmodeus

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • Demogorgon

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Poll closed .

|]emonix

First Post
Everyone know that the Arch-Devil (who should be a diety and was once considered to be one by older editions) would smack the crap out of Demogorgon any day of the week

But sinse the world doesnt always agree with me, i thought i would post this topic to see just who everyone would think would win. for those of you who dont know that much about either of the super powers, i can provide some insite.

Asmodeus is the ruler of the 9th level of hell, the undesputed ruler of everyone in hell, and also the former god of magic. He has never (on record) lost a battle, and even managed to put down a massive rebelion in which all the rulers of the other levels of hell plotted against him..... ok nuf said, Asmodeus is king

Demogorgon... well i dont know that much about him honestly, do anybody that does, i would really like some insite into him just to make this pole a little more ballanced

State your oppions, if u think some other nerd could reck both of them, big woop, nobody cares...

Rhialto

First Post
BOTH would get their behinds handed to them by my creation, Thanatos, Dark Reaper of Souls, and Lord of the Charnel House.

Thus the innate problem of trying to gauge the opinions of D&D players on topics such as this is shown...

Bob5th

First Post
I vote for Bruno.

The current DM's retired char from 1E. Killed Demogorgon on his home plane by breaking a staff of the magi. Put Asmodeus in a Spirit Wrack. It was a long running high level campaign with a good bit of magic items that you had to work your ass off for.

Well, we can't judge by second edition, since not all of them were fully statted out...

But according to 1st edition, Demogorgon is tougher than Orcus and Asmodeus, and Asmodeus is tougher than Orcus.

:D

(Don't believe me? Check the experience values--which, in 1st edition, were pretty good indicators of "toughness"--in the 1st edition DMG.) :)

Lady Dragon

First Post
Asmodeous is the king of hell and Demongorgan is just a demon prince Obviously the king of hell would win I don't care what the 1st edition books say we will have to wait to see the Book of vile darkness to get our answer,But I'm betting for Asmodeous.

Skarp Hedin

First Post
See, it's gotta be Demogorgon: he's got tentacles. We all know that the tentacular beings out there can distribute some advanced clobbering: just take a look at Cthulhu, or Shub-Niggurath or mind flayers.

Tentacles rule the lower planes!

That and he has baboon heads. Baboons are way nastier than goats or debonair sophisticates.

S'mon

Legend
I voted Asmodeus since his wand does ant type of dragon breath 1/round, demons take full damage from acid, half from fire - so black or red dragon breath good - beating Demogorgon's attack modes. Going by the 1st ed MM. Demo has 1 more hp but I don't think that'd count for much. :)

Let's compare

As 1e gives us the only real means of comparison, let's use that:

Demogorgon and Asmodeus are Lesser Gods (DDG p.90).

Armour Class: Asmodeus has a -7 AC vs. Demogorgon's -8.

Hit Points: Asmodeus has 199 hp vs. Demogorgon's 200.

Physical Attacks: Asmodeus has one attack for 4-14 damage vs.
Demogorgon's 3 attacks for 1-6 for each tentacle while his tail drains 1d4 levels.

Magic Resistance: Asmodeus has 90% vs. Demogorgon's 95%.

Special Mentions:
Asmodeus can fly, is as strong as a storm giant, and can use the following abilities; wall of fire, ice storm, wall of ice, detect invisible, invisibility, dispel magic, hold monster, shape change, beguile, rulership, geas, symbols of pain, insanity, and hopelessness, unholy word, summon 2 greater devils (we'll assume pit fiends). His gaze causes fear, weakness, or chill. Also his rod has the effects of dragon's breath.

Demogorgon can hypnotize, beguile, insanity, detect invisible, dispel magic, polymorph self, wall of ice, telekinese, feeblemind, project image, power word stun, any symbol, gating in a random demon.

Too close, it would depend on if they were played to their fullest potential.

Remove ads