• Asmodeus

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • Demogorgon

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Poll closed .

hong

WotC's bitch
Information said:
I am currently statting Barry Manilow, and I personally feel that he could win in melee against either.

I would bet on Minmei in a smackdown against Barry Manilow.

Eryx

First Post
Nightfall said:
Orcus still could do a major beat down IMHO. :)

I think Nightfall and I have to agree on this one (Just in case Clark is watching). Orcus would walk in and spank both of them. :)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
:) Hey I'm doing this even IF Clark isn't watching. :) I hold true to my Lord of Undeath. Basically cause I know he rules, no matter WHICH version of him get published! ;)

James McMurray

First Post
I had to vote Demogorgon, mainly because Power Word Stun is unstoppable if it can be done at will. If it doesn't stun them for more than 1 round, you do it again. If it does stun them for more than one round, you hit them with something else. Of course, if their caster levels make MR a factor, I'd have to change my vote.

Nish

First Post
Aaron L said:
Hopefully Asmodeus. Oneof the basics of the Devils, and why the Demons haven't wiped them out (not in any Blood War, just out of malice), is that there are many, many, many, many, many Demons, but the Devils are more individually powerful.
Actually, I think the Demons and Devils are pretty even on a creature by creature basis, with a few specific comparisons going to the Demons. However, the real balance the Devils have to the Demons' numbers is strategy, organisation, and discipline. Three things the Tanar'ri will never understand. And then there's the Yugoloth, who may be the least numerous of the fiends, but get many of the benefits of the Baatezu's strategy and organisation combined with the flexability of the Tanar'ri. Making them the fiends who should be feared most. :D

Now the Celestials... Those are the ones that makeup for smaller numbers with more powerful individuals. Can you say 'Solar'? ;)

Sorry about the buil-up and then lousy conclusion. I was tired.

I think we'd all agree that the fight would last a number of rounds. So then we would need to know the levels/hit dice any impartial DM would assign to the two. I'd say the hit dice were equal, as 1 hit point doesn't justify an extra hit die.

Demogorgon's energy draining would quickly bring Asmodeus down to a level where Asmodeus would not get a save vs. Demogorgon's hypnosis ability.

I see demons as more powerful than devil individually, but demons fight each other and don't cooperate. Charge! is their general idea of strategy. I think devils, although individually weaker, ccoperate, plan, know tactics and strategy, and don't really fight one another outside of politicing and plotting. That's why devils win as much as lose.

I'm still using 1e as a basis, because I am one of those who try to forget 2e, as well as the movies Sphere and Highlander 2.

BTW, I'm a fan of both. I prefer neither. In fact, in one campaign I ran, Asmodeus and Demogorgon had arranged a "partnership" of sorts.

As for demons, Demogorgon - Orcus - Juiblex were, and always will be, the best, with honourable mention to Lolth.

Remove ads