Assassination 2: The Lost Children

FourMonos

First Post
You are sure it is no coincidence that the King's Forest is only several miles from this point in the road. It would take you only three to four hours to reach the forest from here. The travel would be mostly over farmer's fields. As a group, coming up on the ogres and whatnot, decide that foot travel makes since for the moment. The innkeeper, wooed by Alexia as he is, agrees to keep the steeds and keep them fed and clean.

The travel goes quicker than expected. Dusk is falling as you approach the woods. Chael's sharp eyes notice quickly that just inside the border of the forest is a wooden palisade.

GM: Chael moved a step ahead of the challenge and already rolled a Nature check, so following the tracks, even over the hard dirt patches of land is no problem.

Please give me a marching order and a stealth check. And also a discussion/decision of how you want to approach this.

Bellegon moves a bit aside from the party and to the front, moving stealthily among the low stonewalls, trenches separating the fields and any other cover available. Of course, moving with speed makes the stealth difficult, but it seems the drow prefers any stealth to no stealth.
Scouting Stealth (1d20+16-5=19)
OOC: Bellegon moves with stealth in country even when moving full speed and leading the party forward. At any given moment in time he is 3-5 squares to one side and between -5 and +5 squares ahead (with negative numbers being squares behind the first member of the party). I would of course prefer you use the roll below as it's full stealth as opposed to "traveling" one at -5 :)

"Now you will see what a good scout can do. Hunker down and let me see what's cooking up there." the drow offers almost immediately disappearing into (near) darkness, more silently (and more slowly) then before.

Stealth (1d20+16=32)

Vertexx69

First Post
The King's Forest
Rohna,
Goliath Fighter/Warlord 10
88/88 HP (0THP)
Resist All 1

Rohna seems perfectly content to let the scout do his job and sits back comfortably in her saddle. She does remind him of a couple specifics to keep an eye out for as he sets off into the undergrowth. "Make sure to get a good look at the fortifications of that palisade."
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Speak
Minor: Practiced Rider
Move: lean on Kordestad
Standard: Intimidate=25
Action Point: ...
Gore:
...[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 10 Resist all 1
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 26, Fort: 22, Reflex: 17, Will: 18 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 88/88 (0THP), Bloodied: 44, Surge: 22, Surges left: 13/13;
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Disrupting Advance

Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge

Stone's Endurance

Perceive Weakness
Inspiring Word
Villain's Menace

Boundless Endurance
Rain of Steel
Bloody Blades

Vanguard Glaive +2 "Kordestad" (daily, minor)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily, free)
Antipathy Gloves (daily, standard)
Summoning Rimefire Plate (at-will, minor)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 85/85 (0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +11 vs. AC; 2d10 + 4 damage, or 2d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Mitra—Vadalis-Bred Griffon 11
Resist 10 all; HP 126/126 (0THP); Bloodied 63, 2/2 HS (31), AC 26; Fortitude 25, Reflex 24, Will 23, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 7th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Mitra makes a claw attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Powers: Claws (standard; at-will); +16 vs. AC; 2d6 + 5 damage.

Gretta—Construct 15 (Seed of War)
AC: 28, Fort: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 18 — Speed: 4
HP: 22/22(0); Bloodied 11
Helps flank, can be attacked. Spend HS to negate dmg to seed warrior. Deal 10 dmg to adjacent foe when ally hits that foe.

[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=OOC]I think Rohna's sheet is now fully updated in the above link.

Damage Summary:
(Total damage if all attacks hit)

[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I don't think frontal assault would be useful, Rhona. I will deffer to your wisdom in matters of fighting, but would you please explain the advantages of storming the walls or gates of fortified compound without heavily armored troups? Besides yourself of course. Wouldn't it be better if that drow could slip inside and open the doors for us? Maybe somebody else could block the access to the door with say, thorn wall, eh, Chael?"

Venakhad travels in the middle of the group, so he can reach both front and back with his healing. If Alexia travels near the front then he falls back slightly.

Why, oh why do we have to rolls things I'm not proficient in? :)
Stealth (1d20+6=10)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Chael decides to call in Dusk, put her shield on, and then hang back off to the side when heading into the forest (if the Scout is off to the left, she is off to the right 25 feet or so from the group, but more or less even with them). She knows that she is not stealthy (as per her background), so the best way to be stealthy is to be further away from any opposition.

15 Stealth

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Unfortunately, the fading light is not in the hero's favor. As the group approaches the woods, movement is seen at the top of the palisade. There is a movement of one of the walls and several large humanoids, undoubtedly ogres, make their way out of the inside of the palisade and start moving toward the group.

GM: Putting map together

FourMonos

First Post
As the group moves forward, four ogres squeeze out from the section of the palisade wall that they moved back. The ogres are grinning and licking their lips at the idea of people coming to them out in the middle of nowhere.

The ogres seem to make no notice of Bellagon as the move toward the group.

Finally recognizing weapons carried in the approaching humanoids, the first ogre shouts out, "Oye! Yoos! Stop where yoos be!"

GM: If Bellagon wishes to take it, he could attack them with surprise. Everyone please roll initiative. rolz.org is an alternate rolling spot since IC is down

Here is the MAP!

Bellegon is used to the idea that ogres may offer intelligent (or at least non-violent) interraction so he won't attack until the hostilities become neccessary. He will however size the advantage of surprise if they start the attack.

OOC: surprise action will be taken if the attack seems imminent, otherwise loose surprise if the party starts the attack :(
No, let's say he took the action to move forward 2 square maintaing stealth so we don't interrupt the combat with my single action
- already moved forward on the map to I-12

Init (1d20+7+1=26)

OOC: [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], does your bonus to init still works? If not, [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], lower the init by one

Last edited:

Remove ads