D&D 5E Assualt on Dire Wood [OOC]

3SpdDragster

First Post
Assault on Dire Wood
dire wood.png

On the night of a blood moon a new ring of ghostly white oak trees appeared. They surround the hills in the eastern part of the High Forest. Overnight, inside the ring blackened trees grew suffocatingly close shielding the hills from sight and the soil turned a dark red.

The Wood Elves have fled the area, citing feelings of dread and despair. People have gone missing, some of the missing return with no memories of their ordeal and changed by their experiences.

It has been two years since the blood moon and numerous forays by the elves have been met with disaster. Multiple attempts to scry and scout the area have had little success with the exception of a fleeting impression of a “red giant” in one of the mages visions.

The desperate elves have been forced to search beyond their borders for help, a decision that does not sit well with all of them.
However, one thing is clear they must act soon for the ring is growing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, here is my first attempt at DMing a play by post game.

I would like to acknowledge that I pinched the below format from several of the DM's on this forum. Thanks. :angel:

Setting: Forgotten Realms, High Forest Click here for the Forgotten Realms Wiki
Level: 5th
Point Buy: 27 or the array (see below)
hp: Max at 1st lvl (roll or take default from level 2 onwards)
Gold: 800gp on non-magical equipment
Alignment: Any
Race: 5e PHB races
Class: 5e PHB classes
Background: 5e PHB
Traits: 2
Ideal: 1
Bond: 1
Flaw: 1

Dice Rolls: Either the enworld roller or any system that offers a link.

Approved Sources: 5e PHB, DMG.
Starting: In the New Year.

Backgrounds: Once you have a character in mind please provide a background for your five levels of experience. I just need a couple of quick paragraphs with some highlights of your career.

The array: The first six posters can add a 4d6 drop the lowest roll in their post. These will form the array that players can use. You can always choose to use the 27pt buy system if the array doesn’t work for you. If I don’t get six people post over the next week, then I will get someone to roll more. Easy as.

The characters: Not first come, first served. I reserve the right to pick characters that I think suit the game. If you submit a character and it is rejected, please feel free to submit another. Just to be clear, I am screening characters NOT players. :) I am looking for four characters at this stage. There is no cut-off date but I would like to start early next year.

Once characters are sorted I will set up a Rogues Gallery and IC thread.

Also, I have been lurking in the IC threads a bit before I joined and noticed many games peter out due to loss of interest. If you doubt your ability to stick it out, please refrain from submitting a character. I am committed to the long haul for this game and would like the same level of commitment from the players.

Thanks for your time.

edit: The Array. 13, 16, 16, 10, 15, 6

edit 2: Multiclassing and Feats are allowed.

Characters

Dorn Greycape
@Steve Gorak
Rikka Blackfeather @pathfinderq1
Ydadoras the Stalker
@River Song
Bumble Cabbagetop @Skarsgard
Kesem Raz @Strahd_Von_Zarovich
Yannock "Yann" Bole @Binder Fred

IC thread.

Last edited:

No time, plate's too full. I will lurk, though, and enjoy watching how the recruiting and the game itself goes. It's always a pleasure to watch a new DM add to the richness of the site.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Hi 3Speed, this sounds pretty cool.

Any restrictions on multi classing or feats?

Here a roll for your array. Not sure how to do 4d6 take highest 3 so I will just do 4d6. :)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

edit: 13 .

Hey, I will be happy to join in.
Here are 4d6 for the six abilities.
Character: 6#4d6 17 15 11 20 20 20
Taking highest: 16, 13, 10, 16, 16, 17. Wow, luck on my side.
I will have to think on something. Maybe a Ranger or a Druid that arrive to counterpart the threat. Maybe a Wizard with a longterm plan to research, investigate the phenomena that wants to clear the area for a future tower. A fighter that was sent by a Woodcutter guild to find if the area is safe for wood cutting.

3SpdDragster

First Post
Hey, I will be happy to join in.
Here are 4d6 for the six abilities.
Character: 6#4d6 17 15 11 20 20 20
Taking highest: 16, 13, 10, 16, 16, 17. Wow, luck on my side.
I will have to think on something. Maybe a Ranger or a Druid that arrive to counterpart the threat. Maybe a Wizard with a longterm plan to research, investigate the phenomena that wants to clear the area for a future tower. A fighter that was sent by a Woodcutter guild to find if the area is safe for wood cutting.

My fault for not being clear enough; but each person rolls 1 of the 4d6 to add to the array.

So above Skarasgard rolled a 13 and taking your first roll of 16 we have two numbers.

I can see this might be putting people off, so I will take your first three and hopefully [MENTION=6787159]Skarsgard[/MENTION] get get on to roll another two to make our array.

Sorry again for any confusion.

Remove ads